Home Buying in Walnut Creek>Question Details

Jo, Both Buyer and Seller in

Can someone provide me with information about new home communities in Walnut Creek, Danville, San Ramon area?

Asked by Jo, Wed Apr 9, 2008

and their websites and the price ranges. Also, are these prices usually negotiable?? Thank you

Answers

6
Hi Jo,
There are many different communities in San Ramon you have Windemere, Gale Ranch and a few more homes left at Richmond American. In Danville you have Alamo Creek, Ponderosa Homes and Wendt Ranch which is almost complete and in Walnut Creek you have Paulson homes. This does not include townhomes or condos such as Mercer but only some single family homes. If you contact me directly at ajcohen@ap.com woulld be happy to go into detail on each and help you narrow down your search. The prices are definately negotiable at this time but it depends on the builders and their motivation, based upon standing inventory, competition etc. but it is a great time to negotiate aggressively. A good example can be a new home around 2300 sq ft that can be brought from over 900k to 750k or a 3400 sq ft home that you can haggle down to 875K. Let me know if I can help. AJ Cohen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Hi Jo,
I worked for many years for builders in the area. Prices are very negotiable right now with many builders. We are seeing many houses where the buyers are backing out for whatever reason toward the end of the building process and the builders are making great deals on houses that are 'fully loaded' with upgrades.
I can email you directly some of my contacts. Feel free to contact me at lynda@jscarealty.com
MLS# 40434674 -184 CASTLE HILL RANCH RD, Walnut Creek - Custom
4 Bed/3 Bath - $1.5 Million
MLS# 40434115 - 41 RUDGEAR DR, Walnut Creek - Custom
5 Bed/4.5 Bath - $2.495 Million
MLS# 40409076 - 2365 ST ASHLEY PL (St. Ashley Place), Walnut Creek
4 Bed/3 Bath - $1.079 Million
MLS# 40424636, 40424621 - Walnut Heights (off San Miguel Rd., Walnut Creek)
$1.849 Million

Walnut Heights homes were built in 2007 and are builder owned, so I am not sure if these were previously owned properties or a project taken over and completed by a new contractor.

Those are a few single family new homes in Walnut Creek. An alternative is Vista Kelly Oaks off of Treat Blvd but those are in Concord. MLS#40319165 in Vista Kelly Oaks is listed at $899,950 and offers more than estimated 3500 SqFt living space, views, and 4 Beds/4.5 baths. In process is Walnut Creek Transit Village (at Pleasant Hill BART) which was supposed to be a mixed use Condo/Townhome/Retail lifestyle community but I have noticed a big rental sign there.

I have some recent public record information for Hawthorne by Brookefield in Windemere, San Ramon. Homes were selling for about $950K to $960K on average sized lots. The currently have about 14 lots on Kami Ct left and one available that is premium with about 17K SQFT across from Piccadilly Park.

Problem is that most of the new development does not show on the public records with sale information until it resold. So pricing is hard to come by, but regarding negotiability, you can expect to pay what comps in the area are selling for. Many of the builders have price slashed and have realigned with the market.
Web Reference: http://www.casarati.net
Scott ... the condos under construction on Ygnacio at 555 between Main and Broadway are being built by the same developer as the Mercer. I have heard that because of the market they will be renting these upon completion rather than add to the condo overstock
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 2, 2008
Also take a look at the new condos being built on Ygnacio. Any idea what this competition will do to Mercer's prices?
Web Reference: http://www.555yvr.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 25, 2008
Jo, new homes in San Ramon, Danville and Walnut Creek come in varying sizes, types and price ranges. San Ramon has the most new home communities. Gale Ranch and Windemere are master-planned communities that each boast many neighborhoods. Danville has a few new home communities, most priced at $1,00,000 up for single family homes. Most new construction in Walnut Creek is "spot" construction (single parcels) unless you consider high-rise condominiums. You might check out my blogs at http://www.BestTriValleyHomes.com for more information on new home communities.