Home Buying in 21218>Question Details

Parahkdc, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Can someone please recommend a good real estate attorney for real estate purchase in baltimore, Maryland?

Asked by Parahkdc, New York, NY Thu Oct 11, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Meg is at Lakeside Title you can reach her at 410-992-1070.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Thank you!
Flag Thu Dec 6, 2012
I also need a real estate lawyer. Do you have her number?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
Great answers! For residential you do not need an attorney. A great real estate attorney I like to recommend is Meg Moon at Lakeside Title. She is wonderful along with the fantastic staff at Lakeside! Best wishes!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
you do not need an attorney to buy real estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
Unlike NY, Maryland is not an attorney state. In order to purchase property here you use the services of a reputable realtor, like myself, to write the contract (unless it is commercial property). Once the contract is written and accepted a Title Company or Real Estate Attorney does a title search. If you would like to use the services of a Title/Real Estate Attorney I recommend either David Cohen or Jeffrey Forman from Cohen and Forman or Jerry Sofar at Continental Title. Both are reputable and do an excellent job. I'd be happy to provide you with their contact information if you decide to use them.

June Piper-Brandon, ePro, CIAS, CDPE, WHC
Associate Broker
Century 21 New Millennium
410-292-0100 (Direct)
410-730-8888 (Office)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Aegis Title 410-766-0151 has a great RE attorney on staff, and as you've seen from other comments, can also handle title work. Feel free to contact me with further questions or assistance.
Juli Blanton
Keller Williams Flagship
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Maryland isn't the same as New York. In Maryland the real estate agent not only shows you the properties for purchase, but they also write the contract to purchase. The attorneys become involved at the time of settlement for transferring title to the property. I see that you are intersted in the 21218 and there is a large diversity in the properties in that zip code. I would highly recommend finding an agent who is knowledgeable, you feel you can trust, and feel comfortable with. I have been a realtor for over 20 years in the Baltimore Metro area. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me. We do things differently than you are used to and it would probably be a good idea for you to get an idea of what is involved in terms of settlement costs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Most real estate legal matters can be handled by a Title Company, especially if they have an in house attorney. If you need assistance with setting up a LLC, a 1031 exchange, etc. pick one of the larger Title companies. They will have experts in all the areas. One of the larger Title Companies in MD is Sage Title. They have a full legal staff and if the matter is outside their area of competence the can refer you to an capable outside attorney.

Bob McGee
Advance Realty Timonium
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
In MD, you find a Realtor to help you find a property (you don't typically pay for this service) and use a title company to complete the transaction. I would be happy to help, should you need a Realtor.

Good luck and welcome to Baltimore.

Kate Barnhart
Keller Williams Realty Baltimore
443-524-4640 direct
410-342-4444 office main
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Unlike NY, Maryland is not an attorney State for real estate. While they can perform transactions, most real estate settlements are conducted by Brokers and Title Companies.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Blue Star Realty

John Rief
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer