Parahkdc, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Can someone please recommend a good real estate attorney for real estate purchase in baltimore, Maryland?

Asked by Parahkdc, New York, NY Thu Oct 11, 2012

Answers

11
Meg is at Lakeside Title you can reach her at 410-992-1070.
Thank you!
Flag Thu Dec 6, 2012
I also need a real estate lawyer. Do you have her number?
Great answers! For residential you do not need an attorney. A great real estate attorney I like to recommend is Meg Moon at Lakeside Title. She is wonderful along with the fantastic staff at Lakeside! Best wishes!
you do not need an attorney to buy real estate
Unlike NY, Maryland is not an attorney state. In order to purchase property here you use the services of a reputable realtor, like myself, to write the contract (unless it is commercial property). Once the contract is written and accepted a Title Company or Real Estate Attorney does a title search. If you would like to use the services of a Title/Real Estate Attorney I recommend either David Cohen or Jeffrey Forman from Cohen and Forman or Jerry Sofar at Continental Title. Both are reputable and do an excellent job. I'd be happy to provide you with their contact information if you decide to use them.

June Piper-Brandon, ePro, CIAS, CDPE, WHC
Associate Broker
Century 21 New Millennium
410-292-0100 (Direct)
410-730-8888 (Office)
http://www.JunePiperBrandon.com
http://www.JuneHelpsBaltimore.com
http://www.C21Maryland.com
Aegis Title 410-766-0151 has a great RE attorney on staff, and as you've seen from other comments, can also handle title work. Feel free to contact me with further questions or assistance.
Juli Blanton
Keller Williams Flagship
410-978-0639
Maryland isn't the same as New York. In Maryland the real estate agent not only shows you the properties for purchase, but they also write the contract to purchase. The attorneys become involved at the time of settlement for transferring title to the property. I see that you are intersted in the 21218 and there is a large diversity in the properties in that zip code. I would highly recommend finding an agent who is knowledgeable, you feel you can trust, and feel comfortable with. I have been a realtor for over 20 years in the Baltimore Metro area. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me. We do things differently than you are used to and it would probably be a good idea for you to get an idea of what is involved in terms of settlement costs.
Most real estate legal matters can be handled by a Title Company, especially if they have an in house attorney. If you need assistance with setting up a LLC, a 1031 exchange, etc. pick one of the larger Title companies. They will have experts in all the areas. One of the larger Title Companies in MD is Sage Title. They have a full legal staff and if the matter is outside their area of competence the can refer you to an capable outside attorney.

Bob McGee
Advance Realty Timonium
410-560-4574
In MD, you find a Realtor to help you find a property (you don't typically pay for this service) and use a title company to complete the transaction. I would be happy to help, should you need a Realtor.

Good luck and welcome to Baltimore.

Kate Barnhart
Realtor/Engineer/Investor
Keller Williams Realty Baltimore
443-524-4640 direct
410-342-4444 office main
Unlike NY, Maryland is not an attorney State for real estate. While they can perform transactions, most real estate settlements are conducted by Brokers and Title Companies.
Blue Star Realty

John Rief
410-276-7827