Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

Robert Lee, Home Buyer in Cantonment, FL

Can someone help me? I am interested in a house at 1207 Blue Fox Pl. Is this a good place and area?

Asked by Robert Lee, Cantonment, FL Fri Feb 8, 2013

I own a home in Gates, NC that my wife and I are trying to sell. In August I have to report to my new duty station. This has become very challenging because I will be on Deployment. When I get back to the states hopefully in July I will have to pack the family up and move to Florida. I have no idea where I want my family to live. I also dont know if I want to buy or rent when I get there. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats which tells me to buy, but I hear the selling market is not that good there. These three years will be my last in the navy and I plan to move to Texas for retirement. Can anyone help me??

Answers

3
Hi Robert. I actually live in Fox Run and love it. I am a volunteer Realtor with the Navy Housing office aboard NAS Pensacola. As such, I work with many service members, active and retired. If I can help you please contact me at jack.lynch@mygulfre.com or call me at 850-293-9953.
Maybe renting might be best. As a rule, buying holding three years then selling is had to do and compete with the price of renting. Yes it can be done, but its a very close call, thus renting for 3 years maybe your best bet.
Thank you John. That makes a lot of sense, especially if I don't plan on retiring there.
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
Hi Robert, congratulations on your new duty station. My youngest daughter is a Intel officer currently deployed. Fox Run is a great community. Which base will you be stationed at? What is your search criteria for a home? Do you have school age children?

Now is a great time to buy! It is a buyers market and you can get great deals if you are patient as the market is saturated with short sales and foreclosures. Within the next 3 years we believe that the market will rebound and be a good time to sale. The market is already showing signs of recovery. If you buy close to a base, it will make a great rental.

Let me know if I can be of further service to you and your family.
Thank you! I have orders to Whiting Filed in Milton and I will work at Barin Field.
I am looking for a 4br+ and 2ba+ I have school age children 15, 10 and 4. 2 dogs and 2 cats. LOL! Big yard fenced 2 car garage for example. We are looking for a safe area with great schools. Is there anything you can tell me about a property at 1207 Blue Fox Pl.
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013