Victoria Mun…, Home Buyer in Alhambra, CA

Can someone explain how trulia listings work.?

Asked by Victoria Munoz, Alhambra, CA Thu Jan 9, 2014

Answers

7
Trulia really doesn't have "listings" as it isn't a real estate company.
It just imports them from other sources and posts them here -

All the listings you find here are listed by individual agents, working with many different companies all over the country.

Their names and a contact form is to the right of the listing.

If you see a home that interests you, and you want more information, you can simply contact the agent directly.
How true - Good answer.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Thanks Debra, I noticed there was a house posted but is not for sale-Can an agent do this?
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
ha - nice promo!
Hi Denis! Happy 2014!
Flag Fri Jan 10, 2014
if you want Livingston, NJ... contract Debbie, upstate, NY... give me a buzz...
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Trulia does get the majority of their listings from direct feeds from multiple MLS's across the nation. However, homeowners can also list their properties for sale on Trulia. There are some individuals that list properties for sale or rent that do not have the authorization of the actual homeowner. Your best defense is to work directly with a Reputable Agent or Broker in the area that you are interested in. Don't do it on your own.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
0 votes Thank Flag Link Yesterday at 1:00pm
Hi Victoria, Don't know if you have found the home you are looking for. But sometimes Buyers can be confused by what some sites post as "preforeclosure". These homes are not for sale. The owner has had difficulty making payments but that does not mean they will be selling their homes just yet. If the situation is temporary, they will catch up on payments. If not, they will then list with an agent to do a short sale.
If you are not working with an agent, call me so I can help you find the home that you are looking for. My number is 626-484-4500.

Camelia Vera
01871575
Coldwell Banker George Realty
#1 Coldwell Banker Franchise in Calfornia
Trulia gets info from MLS and other professional listing services as well as some For Sale by Owner. Therefore, what Trulia gets is generally 2 to 3 days behind an Agents listing like MLS.
Hi Victoria - I just saw the reply you left under my response (yesterday).....about a house being posted but not for sale.

Which home are you referencing?

Maybe you can provide the link so this can be clarified for you.

Sites like this can have outdated listings.........if you post the link, hopefully, we can help.
Sure thing, what questions do you have?

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Victoria,
There are homes here listed for sale, some show up with just public data and some are posted by companies selling subscriptions. Listings come through various sources and in some areas are not always up to date. This is a good place to get some general information about real estate, view some listings and get a sense of the market.
For the most reliable source of data, find a great agent who can send you the latest listings that fit your search criteria, whether your buying or selling. Having current data is critical to success.