Home Buying in Bloomingdale>Question Details

A, Other/Just Looking in 60134

Can someone answer whether or not a seller's realtor is liable for not disclosing a pending Sheriff's sale? The Seller's realtor

Asked by A, 60134 Wed Sep 23, 2009

specifically asked for a 30 day closing, within two days of signing the sales contract she called my lender and asked for a title commitment for a court action pending. I went to the courthouse and discovered that this house has been in Court since Jan. 2009 and that a sheriff's sale was scheduled for 09/10/09. The Seller's realtor signed the contract on 08/26 as did the Seller. However, I signed a sales contract and it was not accepted until 09/01/09. The realtor certainly did know about this sale and failed to DISCLOSE. I think the realtor was hoping that the title company would not find this lien. I have since gone to the clerk's office, paid for copies of the file, and faxed it to the title company, my lender, and my attorney.

Isn't a REALTOR supposed to DISCLOSE????