Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

gonzalesandr…, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Can non-resident alien get mortgage?

Asked by gonzalesandres880, Pittsburgh, PA Fri May 3, 2013

Answers

4
Yes you can. Are you shopping for a Home? It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy.

Whether you’re, buying, building or Re-Financing your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives. Get my Top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage along with a FREE copy of The 8 Deadly mistakes to avoid when buying a Home. If you are already working with a lender, don’t be shy to give me call so I can price the same mortgage for you with less cost. What do you have to loose but your money?

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!
Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England FDIC /Dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I feel the answer to your question is no. From what I know, and as Peter has stated, you need to be a resident alien and have an established credit history. This would be a great question to ask a mortgage lender. If you don't currently meet the requirements necessary, they can direct you in the needed steps towards pursuing homeownership.

Best of luck to you.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
317-590-3434 direct
317-585-7748 office
317-845-7726 fax
Yes you can, But it has to be a LEGAL refugee or asylee. I just spoke to my loan officer last Tuesday.
FHA does require to have a LEGAL refugee or asylee regardless of Permanent Resident status. However, if non-resident alien do not have that kind of legal immigration status, he or she can not get mortgage. There should be NO RESTRICTION written on Social Security card.
I seriously doubt it. If you were a resident alien (green card holder) there would be no problem, but I assume you are here on a visa which no doubt has an expiration date. Try asking a mortgage professional - just call a mortgage banker - to find out for sure.