AAR4, Renter in 92870

Can my husband buy a home in his name only?

Asked by AAR4, 92870 Wed Feb 12, 2014

I am wondering if it is possible for my husband to buy a home in his name only. I would like to stay out of it completely, not have my credit checked if possible. I have $60k in student loan debit and bad credit due to having to pay it back.I know my income couldnt be used, which is ok with us because all of my income goes to my student loan anyways. My husband and I have separate bank accounts, and have no property together. My husbands credit score is amazing (above 720) and made $86k on his own last year. He also has $30k in his savings account. Would this be possible?

Answers

8
Hello, it is possible to have your husband purchase the home in his name soley.

The caviat to that is that you cannot use any of your income to qualify for the loan if you are using lender financing.

In order to protect the asset your husband can create a Living Trust that places you as the beneficiary of the trust in case of your husbands passing in order to protect the asset-home. (you always want to consult an attorney for details)

Your husband can get a loan with his name only and you can both still be on title. Email me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
He should be able to qualify on his own. When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.helpubuyamerica.com
Your husband is bale to purchase a home on his own, but of course it depends on how the loan is structured and how title will be taken. Call me if you need further explanation 714-514-7823
As Tim mentioned, it is quite possible for him to qualify on his own. I live in Placentia and would be happy to help you get an answer. Please email me at ocnorth@gmail.com if you would like my help.
In a community property state it works a little differently. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifies.com

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743
Sure he can. He just needs to speak with a lender to do a credit check and see what he alone can qualify for.
Absolutely. Talk with your lending expert or give me a call and I can help you connect with the correct people.

714-421-2598
Flag Thu Jun 18, 2015