Home Buying in Acres Home>Question Details

Geneive Stew…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Can more than one realtor be listing same property@7915 W Montgomery St, Houston, Tx 77088?

Asked by Geneive Stewart, Houston, TX Wed Jun 20, 2012

Answers

6
We don't see that much around here, but there is a concept of an open listing?

They use it in other parts of the world and at one time used it in CA.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Most associations only allow exclusive listings in their MLS system, but it is possible to have multiple agents with the same listing. Like a open listing scenario. If this is the case the listing should not be in the mls.

It is possible that the home is for lease and for sale as well. Some agents won't take lease listings and may refer it to another agent. Which can list a house twice by two different agents in the mls.

Chris Hutchinson
REALTOR
Chris Hutchinson Real Estate
The Michael Group
972.809.0607
http://www.chrishutchinsonrealestate.com
No only one listing agent is allowed, the broker firm is actually the lister under contract. However, some listing agents allow their collegues within the same brokerage firm to 'share' the listing on their website, to act as a buyers agent only.
I did find it on Trulia with status:Unknown. Looks like it was previously a bar. I couldn't find anything on the MLS either. Last deed transfer was in 2005.
Hi Geneive,

The answer to your question is no. More than one REALTOR cannot list the same property. Checking our multiple listing service, I do not see this property you asked about listed under any category. It may be on the ForSaleByOwner website which I believe goes under a DBA (My Castle Realty) when they list properties on the Multiple Listing Services.

Hope this helps.

Michael Roddy, REALTOR
There will be one listing agent, but any Realtor can act as your Buyer's agent and show you properties.
I saw your other question, but without it being listed on the MLS, I cannot see who actually holds the listing.
Is this a commercial property or a new home build? I havent been on that street in quite some time.

A property can be listed on Trulia without the agent putting it on there, and vice versa, and agent can put properties on Trulia with out it being posed on the MLS.

Do work with a Realtor as your Buyer's agent so you can trust them to get all of the information that you need.

If any seller says you do not need a Buyer's agent, remember that the Seller is going to serve the Sellers best interests first.