Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

hamerberty, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Can international student with F-1 visa get mortgage approved?

Asked by hamerberty, Austin, TX Wed Jan 8, 2014

I guess this question has been asked many times, but there's still something I'm not sure. I am a PhD student get paid by the school. I moved to US in 2007, so I have been here longer six years now. I have two CCs and my credit score is over 770. I can pay maybe up to 100k for the down payment and I'm looking for something below 200k. I talked to a mortgage banker at Chase, and she said I can get up to 75k for the loan. But the only issue is my status. She said she can't give me it simply because I hold a F-1 visa, which makes me a non-resident alien. Is that the case for all banks? Is there a way I can still get mortgage financing with my F-1 status?

Answers

8
I would be happy to give you a list that contain mortgage brokers, bankers, and the university credit union.(UFCU) There are a lot of factors in a mortgage loan, but this list of professionals should be able to help you.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve
Is there an email address I can use to contact you? The building I work has a very poor cell signal, so I'd like to discuss this over email. Thank you.
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
I would have to have a lender ask you a few more questions, but I believe you can get financing. I happen to have a couple of excellent lenders who can look at your situation at no cost to you and let you know exactly where you stand. Since I'm one of the top Realtors in Austin, they do not charge my clients any fees for the pre-approval process, and also give my clients preferential treatment. If you would like some help just give me a call anytime between 10 AM and 7 PM central time and I will be happy to guide you in the right direction and do all I can to assist. I also represent buyers like you at no cost to you, and have a great team of lenders, inspectors, title people, etc. to assist us throughout the process. Please give me a call and I'll be happy to help and discuss your options… Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
I just helped a client from the UK that wanted to buy in Austin after he accepted a position at UT-Austin. There are ways to do it!

Call me to discuss!

Bryan Treat
512-653-3348

I have a lender you may be able to help you. He his local and helped one of my friends from the UK buy a house last year. Please give me a call so we can help you get started.

Anna Culina
512.266.9022

Yes you can! Send me your email so that I can send you information. 

Marisol Q. 
Keller Williams 
512.225.4243

A moment ago - [x] delete
I have a lender who can get the loan done. We do a lot of business with Mexican nationals who don't have residency in the US. Give me a call and I will put you in touch with her. She is based out of Dallas and has an in house attorney, so I can assure you they are following all lending guidelines.

Roman Lopez
Owner/Agent of The Roman Lopez Real Estate Team
512-947-2250
rlopez@kw.com
Yes, there are other ways you can get financing. Give me a call to discuss your options. 512-803-1156
I would advise talking to different lenders.

Best of luck,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!