Ricardo Cama…, Home Buyer in 34638

Can i make an offer underr the listed price to buy a house in a new project? is this acceptable? what will be my chance to get a good deal?

Asked by Ricardo Camacho, 34638 Mon Sep 7, 2009

Answers

3
Nicole Hollingsworth’s answer
I used to work for a builder in your area. I have seen discounts from $5,000-$35,000+. They will usually agree to a better deal for an inventory (already built) home vs. TBB (to be built). You can ask to see an option price sheet and figure out what you want in the home (how much it all will cost according to their sheet). I always saw them countering back and forth with numbers - if you put a contract in writing, they are more likely to accept it. (unless it is a ridiculously low number) Regardlesss, the process can be stressful and a Realtor can best negotiate for you. Also, the builder pays the Realtor - not you. Let me know if you need any help. 813-966-1571 yourFLhome@kw.com

Thanks!
You can always put in any offer you want. It's up to the seller to accept it or not. Some things to consider are:

Is this a new development

Is this a proposed house or being built

How far along are the houses if they are being built

Whether the seller will accept a lower offer depends on a lot. If this is new construction, then the builder will figure out what it will cost to build the proposed house and then list it at that price. If the builder hasn't begun building it, then they usually don't accept lower offers because there is nothing there yet. If they are going to take a lower offer, then they are probably going to cut something out to bring the price down to what the offer is. If the house is already built then they may accept a lower offer to get the house off their books. Usually builders construction loans aren't due until the house is completed so they may come down a little in price to get it sold. Hope this helps.
Certainly. A new home may not be the cheapest "deal" for you BUT it may be easier/cheaper to maintain for the first 10 years. The cheapest "deals" are "as is".....where no one warranties the property. It will be the most risk, to be sure.