Home Buying in Walnut Creek>Question Details

NeroNero, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

Can i buy a property in Walnut Creek, near to BART for around $180,000?

Asked by NeroNero, Walnut Creek, CA Mon Dec 17, 2012

Any areas you'd recommend, i do not know the area at all.

Answers

10
Sandra Fischer’s answer
Yes, there is condo just a few blocks from the WC Bart station it is 1/1 with a carport, sq ft is 720. The asking price is $199,900. It is a end unit with wood burning fireplace and a private patio.
If you would like to see the property, please give me a call at 925-408-3914 or e-mail me at sfischer@rockcliff.com
Yes, you can. You will need to be prequalified or an all cash buyer. The market is rising very quickly and soon there will be no properties available in that range. You should contact a real estate professional immediately.
Absolutely! and with over 30 years experience, I would welcome the opportunity to assist you!
Best regards, DeAnn J Simpson, Realtor, Better Homes & Gardens - 925/974-7653 Please call!
Hi Nero,
In this market I think that is going to be a challenge. It is possible to buy in that price range in Rossmoor but that is a 55+ community. Are you in that age bracket?
Otherwise, you will have to consider smaller 1 bed 1 bath condos potentially.
I think further discussion is in order to be able to really answer you properly!
Please call me anytime!
A quick search of a 1 mile radius (as the bird flies) of the Walnut Creek BART Station reveals only one property – as stated by Steve below, it’s a 1/1 with 790 sq/ft and an HOA of $335/month. It’s a 1.4 mile drive which will take you 5 minutes, or a 1.2 mile walk of approximately 24 minutes.

That’s it for now. As suggested below, Concord may be a good option – at your price point, the market is extremely competitive and multiple offers are the order of the day. If $180,000 is your max, I’d be looking at homes lower than that so you don’t get blown out of the water on multiple offers.
Yes, you can. You will need to be prequalified or an all cash buyer. This will help you be more attractive and consider as a serious buyer. Hope that helps.
You definitley can, just maybe not today. There are actually a lot of options for either the WC or Pleasant Hill BART station. Walking time is under 15 minutes. Likely to be a 1 or 2 bedroom / 1 bath, and less than 1000 SF. Right now, inventory is tight. After the first of the year, thing should loosen up. We'lll see. I hate to tell people what everyone else tells them because that's the surest way to know it won't happen.
there is one 1 bedroom condo near the Pleasant Hill BART station (technically in Walnut Creek) priced at $185k ... an REO, subject to the release of the current contract. No other properties under $250k are within walking distance to BART

Concord may work. there are several condo developments within a mile of the BART station that would be under $185k.

Very few properties are on the market and most end up with multiple offers within a few days. You need to work with someone who is experienced with multiple offers and how to package your offer to the best advantage. I have several people in my office who could help if you don't have an agent.
Steve Curtis
Broker / Owner
Windermere Bay Area Properties
925-408-0037
Absolutely! You can buy a condo along the Oak Road corridor which is near BART, the newer Contra Costa Centre area (w/ shops, starbucks, etc), trails, parks and Club Sport.

While everything out there is already pending (they go FAST!) you can find properties on streets such as Oak, Walker, Wayside Plaza, Sunnyvale and others that would put you within a 1/2 mile radius of the Pleasant Hill BART.

Hope this helps!

(there are also others in other parts of Walnut Creek i.e. near Heather Farms, Sierra, Marchbanks, etc) that would put you closer to downtown, Broadway Plaza or within a mile radius of the Walnut Creek BART.
Web Reference: http://www.diablovalley.net
I seriously doubt it.
You should have a Realtor looking for you;
Possibly Antioch, Pittsburg or Brentwood.
Call Mike at Windermere Rowland Realtor, (office in Walnut Creek), 510-222-9150.

Good luck and may God bless