Home Buying in Santa Cruz>Question Details

Richard Beach, Real Estate Pro in Santa Cruz, CA

Can first time buyers afford a home in Santa Cruz Ca? What programs are available to help first time buyers?

Asked by Richard Beach, Santa Cruz, CA Wed Nov 14, 2007

Answers

4
Ther are several first time home buyer programs. Some have residency requirements. It depends on which City. For example, Watsonville has a program, and Santa Cruz has a program. The County of Santa Cruz has a program. Some have income restrictions, some don't. There are also some programs available through the Santa Cruz Association of Realtors that I support as a member, whicch will assist with closing costs. If you are a qualified Veteran, you can get 100% financing, also USDA has a 100% loan program, otherwise the most common financing for a first time home buyer is the FHA program which will allow a 3.5% cash down payment and the seller can pay up to 3% of your closing costs. I am familiar with all these programs and can recommend a loan officer who can qualify or disqualify you under each program. You should have an experienced loan officer already on board before you even start looking for a home. Contact me for some references. And never have the loan offficer act as your real estate agent. That is a bad idea and soon to be prohibited with most lenders. I have over 30 years of assisting first time buyers in the purchase of a home. Look to me for any assistance you require. Thanks and good luck. Mike Castle, American Dream Realty License #00620895, (831) 588-1988
Web Reference: http://www.mikecastle.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 1, 2011
Yes there are several programs that can help first time home buyers in Santa Cruz both in the county and cities of Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Scotts Valley. Measure 0 is for the City of Santa Cruz and Measure J is for the County of Santa Cruz for lower income buyers. There is also a Santa Cruz County program for downpayment assistance that my clients have used in the past and it is really great. You can reach me at (831) 419-9345 for more information about these programs.
Depending specifically where you want to buy there may be a program for you. There are also incentives for teachers, special loan programs for public employees etc. It all depends on your specific circumstances. Being a local here in Santa Cruz County for 4 generations I would be happy to work with you! You can contact me via my website at http://www.SandiGarcia.com............Great Question!
Web Reference: http://www.SandiGarcia.com
It depends where you fall in the California, Santa Cruz County, and the Santa Cruz City medium income. There are first time buyer programs through the state of California, county of Santa Cruz and the City of Santa Cruz. Each have their own income requirements and other stipulations. They are all a little different. I've been curious as a prospective first time buyer and I've done the online research at the city, county and state levels.