Home Buying in Lake Elsinore>Question Details

O.c. Resident, Home Buyer in Lake Elsinore, CA

Can anyone tell me which is the best area that fits the following criteria in the I.E. in this order of preference: 1. low crime 2. great public middl

Asked by O.c. Resident, Lake Elsinore, CA Sun Jul 22, 2012

e schoos and high schools, 3. low prop. taxes 4. great public surroundings from the following citiies, Corona, Lake Elsinore, Norco, Murrieta, Temecula or if there is some other city which I did not mention.

Answers

5
If you like I can send you a report with the information you want. It as a Free service.

feel free to contact me at myhomenow@hotmail.com
Murrieta had the lowest crime statistics that were put out by the FBI in 2012. The link is on City Data. Temecula woud be the second safest city on your list again looking at the FBI's reporting of violent crimes. Temecula and Murreita both have the highest rated schools and you can find this information at http://www.greatschools.net.

Property taxes for the newer areas of Murrieta and Temecula will range from low to high depending on how old the subdivision. The base rate for taxes is 1.1% however the newer communities have infrastructure bonds that last for up to 30 years from the date the home was built.

Finding a home in Murrieta and Temecula that has lower taxes is not impossible, just ask to see a copy of the Realist tax sheet for each property you are considering seriously so that you can figure out what your payment will be.

The other areas that you mention, Norco, Lake Elsinore have slightly higher crime rates according to the FBI crime statistics.

Corona is different with a real mix of neighborhoods and the newer neighborhoods will have higher property taxes and higher home prices.

You don't mention your price range so I am not sure what area would suit you best.

Other areas you may have left out are: Canyon Lake, Wildomar, Menifee and Winchester.

Good luck to you and please visit my website link below for information on all of the areas mentioned in this answer and your post.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
I can send you all of the crime statistics for Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore and Menifee and you can compare for yourself. Also, I can send you middle school stats. But, the best high schools are in Murrieta. All of my family are educators except me. I trust their judgement.

Thank you.
Raymond Larochelle
DRE #01891340
714-315-1257
ray@raylarochellerealty.com
My top vote goes to Murrieta.
A Realtor cannot legally tell you the best area for the questions you have. I suggest checking with the Police department for crime rate. You may find the information online. As for the schools, you can check scores and other aspects of schools being better than others either with the school districts or online. Usually the newer areas and newer schools are more desirable but then usually, the taxes are higher too. When you start working with a good Realtor like myself, they will help you to find the best areas for your family. If you buy now, you can take advantage of the low prices and incredibly low interest rates. There are some low down payment programs if you are using FHA financing.