Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Alma Mccray, Home Buyer in East Point, GA

Can anyone tell me what zip codes are included in unincorporated Dekalb County and unincorporated Fulton?

Asked by Alma Mccray, East Point, GA Sun Nov 16, 2008

I understand that the tax rates are lower in the unincorporated areas but I'm confused as to what areas are included. Thank you.

Answers

3
http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/countyzip.asp

This should help. Melissa data is a great resource for researching zip codes and etc.
There are dozens of zip codes in Fulton and DeKalb county. If you'll go to Office Depot and buy an ADC street map book it will show you the boundaries of all the different zip codes in the Metro Atlanta area. These maps also color-coordinate areas that are incorporated, so, for instance, everything inside the City of Atlanta or City of Decatur is shaded a light yellow while the unincorporated areas just have a white background. It's probably the easiest way to get a feel for which parts of the county are unincorporated. Of course, some of the recently incorporated cities (Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Dunwoody) may not yet appear in maps -- look for the most recent editions of maps that you can find.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 16, 2008
Hi Alma,

That is a tough question. The Unincorporated areas of DeKalb and Fulton are the areas that are not within city limits. It would be difficult to give you specific zip codes as many zip codes will be in both Unincorporated and within city limits. You may want to look at specific areas within the county and check to see if they are within city limits. Sometimes taxes are not necessarily lower in Unincorporated areas...if within the city limits your county taxes are slightly lower. It may all come out in the wash depending on where you are looking.

I would be happy to help you in your search and you can contact me anytime for advice and/or listings!! I can research the areas in you target range and can sort out which are in Unincorporated areas.

Good Luck,

Lisa Allen, REALTOR
Prudential Georgia Realty
404-925-8261
LisasListings@comcast.net
http://www.LisasHomeListings.com