Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

A. Fraser, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of living near Winter St. / Bogle St. in Weston? It seems convenient to

Asked by A. Fraser, Boston, MA Tue Mar 3, 2009

highways, but is there a lot of traffic getting to the Rivers School? Also, is the water table high? Thanks.

Answers

7
Hi A. Fraser:

Winter Street and Bogle Street see a moderate to high level of traffic. The traffic on Bogle Street is mostly as a result of people driving to Rivers School and therefore consistent with drop-off and pick-up times, whereas Winter Street has a more consistent flow of traffic throughout the day. In general, WInter Street is closer to the Mass Pike and so has a higher level of noise than Bogle Street. I worked with a client to buy a house on Bogle Street and then to sell that same house a few years later, and depending on where the property is on Bogle Street, there can be some water/wetland issues. The pros of these two streets are that they are conveniently located near the Wellesley line, are on the Southside of Weston (which has an appeal, especially for re-sale) and have easy access to commuting routes....not to mention that they are lovely roads with many beautiful houses.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need for additional information in the Weston and Wellesley markets.

Lisa Williams
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Weston
http://www.homesalesbylisa.com
781-267-2844 - cell
781-446-4092 - voice mail
lisacwilliams@comcast.net
I agree with Lisa's excellent answer -- another advantage is Winter Street gives quick access to the Natick shopping areas and other points West. Winter Street is also registered as a Scenic Road with the Town of Weston. I've also seen that there can be water table and wetland issues in this neighborhood, like much of Weston.

Diana Chaplin
Vice President

Coldwell Banker
426 Boston Post Rd.
Weston,MA. 02493
Mobile 781.354.9010
http://www.greatestate.com
VoiceMail/Fax 781.446.2837
Web Reference: http://greatestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 15, 2009
Hello. Bogle street is somewhat traveled. Also, you do have some smaller lots and closer quarters than in other parts of Weston. This is good or bad, depending on your preferences.

Mary, as for River St., there is one property on the market right now that is rather close to Rt. 95/128. Proximity to a main highway is most often a detriment and is reflected in the price of a home.

Best of luck to both of you in your searches!! Andrea

Andrea Mealey
Showpiece Real Estate, Inc.
Wellesley, MA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 3, 2009
Hi Fraser,
I do too agree with Lisa as Winter Street and Bogle Street do have a moderate level of traffic but is also convenient to many locations.

If you are looking to buy or sell in the Weston MA area, please visit my website or contact me directly. I wish you the best of luck!

Spiro Vrouhas
Hi there,
great answers here already, wanted to add a couple of points: You might see a little bit of traffic on Winter street closer to rt 30 because of the Westgate Church. It's nothing overly busy that will create a traffic jam. That will be your (small) weekend traffic add on. And river's school area will be quiet during the weekend.
Winter street is tree lined, so noise gets softened, plus if the house has new windows you will not hear the pike inside. When outside, noise is more a matter of personal perception and general knowledge that the highway is close by. It also depends where exactly the property is located. I have seen a house in Wayland / Natick area, that was built literally in between the pike and rt 30, you could hear and see both roads.
I personally like that Winter street is close to both Pike and rt 30, it gives you more options when choosing your itinerary. it's still a very quiet and beautiful street.
Hi-this isn't an answer but another question regarding weston property values. There is a property listed on River road that seems pretty reasonable. Is it because it's close to the highway? too noisy?
All PROS... If you are fortunate enough to be able to live in Weston, there are no CONS!!!