Home Buying in Old Bridge>Question Details

gkt0775, Home Buyer in Manalapan, NJ

Can anyone tell me more about Sayre Wood South section in Old Bridge, New Jersey?

Asked by gkt0775, Manalapan, NJ Wed Jan 23, 2013

I am looking to buy a home there, and need to know if this is a nicer section of Old Bridge. I also need to get information as to the school system there. I need a good enough school area, as I have children. I also need to know about parks and recreational activities for kids in the area. Thanks all.

Answers

6
Hey!

Sayrewoods south is the popular section in Old Bridge. It's close to everything, walking distance to rt 9 bus system, driving to route 18 and close to rt 516. There are many different types of homes in sayrewoods south. Some with basements, some with converted garages and some with huge back yards.

This section is very nice! Very safe! I grew up in Old Bridge and went through their school system. I don't have any complaints! Great Teacher's, activities and sports. They have special programs if your child excels in academics.

Sayrewoods south is close to the YMCA, Geick park and VETS park. These parks offer play grounds, basketball Cory's, tennis, volley ball, softball.. You name it and its probably there!

If you want to know more give me a call or email me personally. I'm a real estate agent in Old Bridge, I know the area like the back of my hand.

908 839 9634

Or email me

Rich@ellenrosenbaum.com
Hi Rich, I am glad for the amount of information you provided regarding the area and the recreational places there. I know that some of the homes are listed by your agency. I will be in touch, should I have any further questions
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013

Sayrewood South is a wonderful family community, with great schools. I have family there and they love the area. They have 3 children and are very happy with the school system. We are there a lot as well attending Soccer and Baseball games and I can tell you it is a very friendly community.

If you have any more questions or would like additional assistance please feel free to call or email me any time.
Cathy

Cathy Manfredi
Better Homes Realty
732-264-9593
732-762-3006
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
Thanks Cathy, great to know this. If I have any further questions, I will be in touch.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
I was a first time home buyer, and we live in Sayre Wood South section of Old Bridge and absolutely love it here. Right now, we don't have any kids..but there are a ton of people on our street that do. Down our street there is actually TWO schools, and out of our street there is a catholic school/church and another school. VERY safe location. There are also a lot of recreational activities as well, as there is Geick park, and YMCA very close to us down the other end of our street/development. I am not sure where Vets park is, but i don't doubt it is in Old Bridge as well. There is also East Brunswick mall which is not far at all, for other activities =)

So, take it from a person who knows the area, NOT a real estate agent, and has been living in the area for two years :)
Matawan & Aberdeen are nice places, sorry had to look at your comment again. The agents will tell you anything to sell you a house there. But take it from someone who is looking to get out of Old Bridge.
Sayre wood south and Old Bridge Suck, crappy place to raise your kids. I would look more towards spotwood or Helmetta. Lived in Old Bridge since I was 6, I am geting out as soon as I can!
Thanks for this unbiased information. I understand the realtors just want to sell, so I stopped looking in that area. I will check out the ones you mentioned. Do you know anything about Howell?
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
Hi gkt0775,

As a resident of the area, helping you is easy. I am a realtor associate with Dineen Realty. My broker, the award-winning Pat Dineen, has been working with sellers and home buyers in this area for over 25 years. As of today, I can show you at least a dozen homes in Sayrewoods South.

Old Bridge is on the border of Middlesex and Monmouth Counties. Both counties have plenty to offer families with regard to parks and recreation.

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/
http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/parksrecreation/index.asp

You can find information on the school system by going to my web page, which is listed below, and following the link for "School Information."

Visit me at http://paulkimmel.msx.fusionmls.com

Please feel free to call, text or e-mail me with your contact info, and I will help you find the information you are looking for.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Kimmel
Realtor Associate
DINEEN REALTY
3 Parlin Dr
Parlin, NJ 08859
Phone: 732-613-9300
kimmelproduction@yahoo.com