Daniel85, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Can anyone tell me info about 1522 W Berwyn unit #2?

Asked by Daniel85, Chicago, IL Fri Oct 29, 2010

For some reason the property isn't listed on the CCRD.info website.

Hi Daniel,

After digging into the property history for 1522 W Bryn Mawr (I'm assuming that's what you meant, as that matches the link you provided), the current listing provides the incorrect PIN. The correct # should have '063' where it currently shows '061'. The remainder is correct. You will then find the info on CCRD.info.

There does appear to be at least one lien filed against the unit, a $7500 mechanic's lien, and other court documents filed against the entire property. As others suggested, you would need an attorney to sort out the title. Most often (but not always), the liens are removed from the unit before the next buyer closes. However, occasionally, they sometimes carry over, as in the case of past-due assessments, sometimes.

Beyond the individual unit, your attorney will want to ascertain any issues pertaining to the building, as a whole, since any buyer would be taking on his or her share of that responsibility.

Web Reference: http://www.redfin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
No such address, was at Taste of Heaven yesterday and swung by.
Web Reference: http://www.aic-chicago.com

Do you have an experienced real estate agent and an experienced real estate attorney assisting you with your search or purchase?
The fact that you are addressing liens on a foreclosure property on this site suggests that you do not.
If not, you need to make sure that you are represented by both immediately.
Buying a property is a big decision - and the questions/issues you are addressing are resolvable but you are going to be way better off addressing them with professionals who actually represent you rather than chatting about one of the biggest financial decisions of your life via the internet with people you've never met.
Get an agent ASAP.
Here are some good ones in case you need a place to start:

Best of luck to you, Daniel!
Hi Daniel,

I understand...however did you know that in a bank owned property all liens are vacated prior to closing? Your real estate attorney will handle this.

Normally, with a distressed property all liens are vacated prior to closing and back taxes are paid. In the case of a condominium if there are back due assessments you may have to pay, but for no more than 6/months, by law. This is also negotiable.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss more in depth, call or email, no obligation. As a buyers agent my services to you are at no charge!
I was trying to see if there are any liens on the property, which would explain the low price.
Hi Daniel,

What is it exactly that you're looking for in the ccrd website? Why is it important to know the owner name now vs during the transaction period? Chances are the owner name will show as a bank name, Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae or the executor/asset manager.

If you're serious about purchasing one of the two units available in this building work with a buyers agent, like myself, that has experience in dealing with distressed properties, be it REO's (bank owned), short sales or auctions.

I ran a quick search for minimum 2/beds 1/bath under $100k in the Edgewater neighborhood and found there are 9 units for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

If you want more information on them, I would be happy to send a profile sheet of them to your email if you provide it.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
Why isnt the property recorded with the cook county recorder of deeds, ccrd.info? what does that mean?
Both the 2nd floor and 3rd floor units are bank owned properties. Unit #3 is listed for $10,000 less than #2.

They are both 2 bedroom, 1.5 baths.

Let me know if you would like to talk about this further.

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
It's a foreclosure and #3 also just came on the market for 78K. It's been ont he market for 122 days.It's not clear if there is a homeowners association. I can send you the listings with pictures if you want. You can also search the MLS from my web site and see more information than you see on trulia.
I located the information about the property and I'm happy to share it with you. You can email me directly at cwilson@koenigstrey.com. I can answer any questions you may have about the purchasing process as well.

Cindy Wilson
Koenig & Strey Real Living
Hello Daniel85,

What other information are you interested in knowing besides the information on the link you provided?
I will be happy to help.