Home Buying in Scotts Mill>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

Can anyone tell me how it's like living in the Scott's Mill area in Apex, NC?

Asked by Barbara, Cary, NC Tue May 21, 2013

We are looking to buy our first home, and it seems like the area is a top contender. Particularly, is this a family-oriented area where everyone gets to know their neighbors? Or, is the area filled with young professionals? How has it been since the construction of 540 nearby?

Answers

5
Hi Barbara!

Scotts Mill is a great neighborhood (and popular) to live in.. I have lived in the neighborhood for over 10 years. I specialize in assisting homeowners buying and selling in Scotts Mill. As you can see from the website: http://www.scottsmill.com the community is very active. You can see events and newsletters with all of the different activities offered for practically everyone in the neighborhood!

As for 540, there are pros and cons. It is a personal preference. But, i can speak personally, that it has been a nice way to commute to RTP.

Let me know if I can assist in any way I can!

Joanne Martin
Keller Williams Realty-Cary
919-882-3250
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 5, 2013
Excellent Choice. You will enjoy that area.
I have sold there and the buyers love it! Great location, pool and amenities!
Have a nice night!
Lisa
Hi Barbara,

I live in Scott's Mill, and I can tell you that there is no place in the Triangle that I'd rather be right now ! I have a large family, and extended family. (I just helped my Mother in Law buy one of the Townhomes in Scott's Mill as well). It is conveniently located to Beaver Creek Commons and you find many places to show very quickly.

Yes, there are some properties that back up to the 540, and while that is problematic for some, others don't mind at all. It's just a personal preference.

Also, as Meet Manager for the Summer Swim Team, I can tell you that Tuesday nights during the Summer are alot of fun in Scott's Mill !

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call !

John Mondo
Fonville Morisey
919-441-9051
It is delightful. The homes have a lot of character, there are plenty of community amenities and the people are great. I do some work for the Homeowners Association and it is well managed. It is a family oriented area with very friendly people who would enjoy getting to know you. The 540 provides better access to the rest of the Triangle, particularly the jobs in RTP. If you want more information, call me at 919-812-5111