Sgtghe, Home Buyer in Yorktown Heights, NY

Can anyone tell me how home prices are trending in Yorktown Heights (up or down)? I'm a qualified buyer who is seeking to purchase a 3-4 bdrm home ?

Asked by Sgtghe, Yorktown Heights, NY Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

7
Hello There,
I am responding to your question about prices in Yorktown Heights. The market is down on prices for 3/4 bedrooms.This is still a buyers market and with prices down and interest rates at a all time low great time to jump in.
Annpauline
845-590-8968
If you are looking to buy in the near future, consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information, so that an informed decision can be made; your agent will be your best guide...
Hi, Yorktown has decreased over the past year and has for a few years. The good news is that there are more affordable homes in the area so you should have success finding a good buy. Yorktown includes the hamlest of Yorktown Heights, Mohegan Lake, Shrub Oak, Crompound, and Jefferson Valley. The prices vary in the various hamlets and I find Mohegan Lake, Shrub Oak to be more affordable then the others these days.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Yorktown has leveled off and going up - up - up - All of sudden raised ranches went int the 4's again - Amen!!!
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012
Am fairly certain trending may seem a bit higher in these spring months but facts are the market is level for the most part until all the Short Sales & Foreclosures shake out. Agree, that it is a great time to buy and if you need a referral to a great Agent in that area let me know. Best of Luck! Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR,C.O.R.E.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-624-8100 X141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
My Email: allan.erps@randrealty.com
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
or find me on Trulia at;
http://www.trulia.com/profile/allanerps/
Hi: I can definitely tell you the trend for home prices in a certain segment (Yorktown Heights 3-4 BR). To the exact $1. But it takes a few minutes to do the analysis. If you want to call me at my office, I'll be happy to do it for you, for free. Unskewed. Please call: 914-273-9688. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.
Yours is a valid question but if one were to say prices are trending up a bit or down a bit, it could change tomorrow! Taht noted, Yorktown prices are around 9% lower than they were a year ago. That can vary from school district to school district. Yorktown has more than one. Despite that, if there is competition for any single property it could sell for more in a month than it might sell for today. Housing is really a very different commodity than any other and value is property specific and never exactly a single dollar amount.

No one can predict the bottom of the market; that it has been reached can only be seen when it has moved back up. Not too many people in the know think that with these unbelievable interest rates that it can be a mistake to buy a house right now! Do give me a call if you'd like to talk about this in more detail. 914-271-5868.
Valerie
Prices across the county are down everywhere. Where are you looking in Yorktown?

You can sign up for a free acount at this link and search like an agent with up to date information:
http://www.annemariecentury21.listingbook.com

AnneMarie Encarnacao, SFR REO
NYS Lic. Assoc. Broker
Century 21 Schneider Realty
914-774-2764