Michelle Pre…, Home Buyer in Texas

Can anyone tell me about Wall Homes?

Asked by Michelle Prejean, Texas Sat Sep 13, 2008

We are interested in purchasing a spec home from Wall Homes. Any pros/ cons to this builder?

Answers

8
Michelle,

Wall Homes claim to fame is the ability to customize your floorplan w/out charging you for it (all while keeping it in reason of course) but that is a very neat feature that ensures you are designing a home that will be very unique. It can also be a bad thing if you design it TOO much to fit your personal needs and the functionality of the floorplan becomes questionable to future buyers, so be careful.

Best of luck,

Josh
Web Reference: http://www.eXposedhomes.com
I sold a Wall home about 2 years ago and my clients have not had any problems that I know of. Which area are you interested in?
Let me know if I can be of any help.
I have been selling New Homes for about 11 years.
Jeff.
Jkagent@gmail.com
Hi Michelle, I would love to know where in Texas you are considering a Wall spec home? What is now Wall Homes, some people may remember as Newmark Homes. The Newmark product, in some areas, is actually pretty high-end. Especially in McKinney and Prosper, TX. They have some beautiful $300,000-400,000 homes in The Lakes of La Cima in Prosper. At one point this Summer, Wall was advertising over $75,000 off on some of their specs, as they overbuilt and had too many finished homes on the ground. As builders sell off these remaining specs, there is a good chance they will underbuild in 2009 and raise prices. Material costs are going up, transportation costs have gone up, land prices are rising, etc... Specs (and resale) are a pretty good deal this year. Be sure to research both options to make the best purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.judgefite.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
Hi Michelle

You are really smart to try to find out as much as possible about any builder that you are considering using to purchase a new home. There are many builders in the North Texas area and most of them are very good, competitive, and have great warranties that they provide for their new home owners.

I always try not to be self serving when I respond to questions, but this is one time that I certainly would encourage you to use a buyer's agent. From what I know about Wall homes they are a good reputable builder with concern for their buyers and in my opinion you will be happy for years to come in their property. But, as you are out "shopping" you are probably also considering other builders.

When you use a buyer's agent, because we are out in the market on a daily bases, we know what builder is offering buyer incentives or discounts on a weekly bases. A buyer's agent also has more influence if you come across a problem during the purchase of your home. Where as you are buying one house a Buyer's agent is selling multiple homes week after week.

I noticed that a couple of responses have refered to the J D Powers Survey. Take a look at that, I think you will be pleased to see many builders on that list.

Many blessings as you enjoy your new home whether it is a Wall home or one of the other many builders in our area!

Please let my team know if we can help in any way.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
Hi Michelle - I have sold over 20 homes for Wall. They are a good builder with competitive pricing. They are unique in that they will let you move "walls" around with no charge - making your floorplan one of a kind. Let me know if I can help you with your purchase as I have dealt with them numerous times in the past. http://www.janusREgroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.janusREgroup.com
Hi Michelle,

They build an affordable product, will allow buyer to switch floor plans around, and try to meet your needs. Recently rated in the J.D. Powers Survey.

If you would like more information or need a Buyers Representative (yes even for a new home) feel free to contact me.

Mattye P. Smith

Colonial Real Estate
Hi Michelle,

Mattye P. Smith

Colonial Real Estate
They were in this J.D. Power and Associates' Survey.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-p…