Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Gracie723, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

Can anyone tell me about Bakers Bay Condominiums, Phila 19114? Are the condos geared towards the 55 community?

Asked by Gracie723, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jun 27, 2010

I am in my late 30's and rented for several years down the street. I am thinking about moving back to the area, however my concern is that I would be purchasing in a community that would not be a good fit for my age group. Also, could anyone tell me the approximate range of the condo fees?

Answers

6
How much is the assoc. fee monthy?
Im 40 and have lived there for one and a half years and totally love it and all the ammenities. Could of moved anywhere but loved the price and the great views at Bakers Bay. There are many younger people moving in since I bought. Would HIGHLY recomend. GOOD LUCK!!!
While there are many older residents living there, the community as a whole is very diverse.
Gracie, I have a one bedroom condo on second floor listed for rent as well as for sale in Bakers Bay. There are units on first floor and second floor and there are units in the mid rise . I will beglad to show you the unit and take you to the clubhouse . It is not a 55plus community. People of all ages will appreciate the conveniences of living there and the amenities.Call me at 215275-8491 cell
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
Hi, Gracie723, Congratulations on your decision to stop renting! Bakers Bay has always been a great place to live with no age restrictions. It appeals to buyers at all age levels due to the diversity of housing there, as well as the convenience to I95, Bucks County, and downtown Philadelphia.

I don't think you would go wrong, there, however, I always advise clients to visit the neighborhood, especially on the weekend, and talk to the neighbors, That is the best way to get the full run down on everything going on there. If you need additional help with this, don't hesitate to call!

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Action Realty
215-643-9661 Cell
215-358-1100 x1223 Office
carolcei@remax.net
Web Reference: http://www.carolcei.com
Gracie,

I had a friend who lived there with family when growing up. I know there was not a ton of younger kids there but this was years ago but Im sure there are.

Prices range from $135-225k depending on if you want to live in the mid rise they have or the other units.

But then you will have monthly association fees on top of that which can range 300-600. The complex does have a pool, tennis court, in door clubhouse which is a nice benefit as well as security upon entry of the development.

I live blocks away so if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact me.

Sean Dawes
Long and Foster Real Estate
sean.dawes@LNF.com
Office 215-409-6916