Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

JustIN, Home Buyer in Lancaster, PA

Can anyone recommend any good mortgage brokers to work with?

Asked by JustIN, Lancaster, PA Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

9
I would recommend different Loan Originators for different scenarios. Are you a first-time home buyer, an investor, country or city buyer, or are you looking for a re-finance? Please provide some additional information and I'll be delighted to give you some great recommendations!

A few general guidelines I would follow, though (just my humble opinion) are to (1) use someone local who you can sit-down with and avoid internet lenders. There might be some great ones out there, but our experience in this office has been that they advertise awesome rates and then fail to deliver the rate or have trouble producing the funds at time of settlement when all your worldly possessions are packed in a truck, (2) I would avoid using a lender who is working within (or connected to) a real estate office. (Again, just my opinion, but...) It's quite a bit easier for the real estate company to apply undo pressure on the lender to approve loans higher than should be reasonably approved, which could lead to trouble for you in the future (3) I would definitely speak to more than one Loan Originator from a different KIND of lender from the others. This gives you a good chance of hearing more varied options and mortgage packages (what they call "products") with different terms that could benefit you.

If you like to speak about this more, please call me ANY time.
Mark Lipka
House Sale Advisors
(717) 786-9999
(800) 230-2975
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Fidelis Mortgage, Bryan Stahl. 717-283-0900. Tell him Sajy sent you! Great guy and great service! Let me know if you have further questions.

Sajy Mathew
Coldwell Banker Select Prof.
717-735-8400 (O)
717-587-5353 (M)
Web Reference: http://Sajymathew.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Hello King,

The last client that dealt with me on Trulia had this to say

"I cannot thank you enough for being the voice of reason and calm during the madness of this transaction.
Your ability to convey your knowledge in easy to understand terms and to balance absolute professionalism, humor, insight and patience is unmatched and very much appreciated. "

I would be happy to provide references.

Give me a call and I am sure that I can be helpful.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010
NMLS ID 143960
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
I have a good contact for you to work with, feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Eric Miller
717-575-6147
ericmiller309@live.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
There are differences between mortgage lenders and mortgage bankers. Mortgage bankers have their own underwriters and many different programs them can offer a buyer/borrower. Recently one of my buyers selected to work with Wallick & Volk in Flagstaff for her Cottonwood, AZ home. They were awesome!!! We had to shift from Fannie Mae Home Path, to USDA, to FHA plus a bond program. They qualified her for more than others had qualified her for and they had more programs that allowed this buyer to come in with no monies at closing (of course we had negotiated $3500 to buyer's closing costs). The Nikki Groff team is worth checking into.
Web Reference: http://how2arizona.com
I have developed a list of excellent mortgage people to use over the years. Who I would recommend to you will depend on the type of loan you will require. Different mortgage people are better at certain type of loans than others. Give me a call and I can help you make a good choice.

Mike Stum, President
& Broker of Record

Always looking for good agents to join us!

Real Choice Real Estate, Inc.
730 North Duke Street
Lancaster, Pa. 17602

Office: 717-392-6222
Residence: 717-284-5255
Fax: 717-392-6221
http://www.RealChoiceRealEstate.com
Who do you currently bank with? Do you have a current mortgage with a bank? If so start with them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011