Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

GG, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Can anyone recommend a real estate attorney in brooklyn that charges a flat fee?

Asked by GG, Brooklyn, NY Wed Apr 16, 2014

in the process of making offers on condos and i need an attorney

Answers

6
contact me, I will give you all information
Good morning GG,

I'm happy to recommend Jay Markowitz, ESQ.

Jay Markowitz, Esq.
718-468-0068 Office

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I have a great attorney, you can always feel free to contact me
Good evening GG,

I can recommend you an Attorney that will provide you with great service and the firm has been in the business for over 43 years. You would rather deal with someone with experience in Real Estate or just looking for a good deal without knowing the consequences. Think about it.

Most attorneys start with a flat fee for a real estate closing, but may charge hourly for additional work not covered under the original agreement. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://vaughnweberlaw.com
"Flat Fee" Attorneys just like any other professional service are generally not the best way to go.
Whenever I have witnessed them on deals I have been involved with they typically do not stay on top of the case, do not return calls on time, review paperwork on time, often loose the deal for their client or even come to closing improperly prepared.
Look for an Attorney that works in Real Estate full time, preferably in the Borough that you are interested in; they may well already have the inside scoop on the building you are interested in if they are experienced in the area.
I had a conversation recently with a flat fee attorney who charges $600.00. I asked him how he can review the whole plan, the amendments and attend the closing etc. etc. for only $600.00 ? He said the Department of State has approved it, its OK !!!!
NO IT IS NOT OK!
That may be difficult. I suggest you contact attorneys and talk about your concerns regarding fees. I think speaking to an attorney will give you the best answer.
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014