Home Buying in Fort Collins>Question Details

kowens, Other/Just Looking in Fort Collins, CO

Can anyone recommend a good lender for an out of state transaction? Wondering if it would be easier to deal with lender in TX or CO.

Asked by kowens, Fort Collins, CO Thu Jan 30, 2014

Answers

3
Many lenders live in one state and can lend in another. Being a Realtor for 13 years, I can assure you it's better if you can find a local, (Colorado), lender to use. Each state has so many different variables. My Buyers are just now finalizing on a loan down in Elizabeth, Colorado where the lender is from California. What a NIGHTMARE! We went from a 30 day, to a 60 day, to a 90 day close, and still had to extend the closing date an additional 12 days. Most, not all, of this was due to the lender's lack of knowledge about the process of closing on a house in Colorado. If I ever hear "well we don't do it that way in California" again...:) Best of Luck & Stay Local!!!

Andy Burnett
ERA Herman Group
andy@aburnettrealty.com
I like to work with local lenders that live and work in the Fort Collins area as they know the local market and can really give you the lowdown for what is happening in this area. And it's nice to go local! I can give you specific names just email me or call.

Allison Klein - Owner/Broker
Full House Realty Group
144 N. Mason St
Fort Collins, CO 80524
970-818-6668
I lend i both CO and TX. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifies.com

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743