Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

dslater1216, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Can anyone recommend a good condo association in Sarasota or Venice that allows small dogs and has mature landscaping?

Asked by dslater1216, Sarasota, FL Sun Feb 24, 2013

Answers

9
Brian Mcgreevy’s answer
Botanica which is in Palmer Ranch allows owners to have 2 dogs of not more than 30lbs each. This gated development has condominiums which range in price from $250,000 to $450,000. There are 147 condominiums in this exclusive community.

Pinestone on Palmer Ranch is another that I would suggest. They allow owners to have 1 dog of up to 30lbs. and 1 other pet (second pet can not be a dog). This is also a gated community. Prices in Pinestone range from $150,000 to $250,000.

If you are looking for something in a lower price range then you might consider Park View. As the name suggests this gated condominium development surrounds a park like setting. They allow dogs of any size as long as they are not a "vicious" breed. Prices here are under $125,000.

If you need further help finding other "pet friendly" communities please let me know.

BRIAN A. MCGREEVY
Broker/Owner, REALTOR, MBA, GRI, ABR, SRES, RRS, AHWD
Five Year Winner - Five Star Award - Best in Client Satisfaction
Sarasota Home Realty
2100 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231

E-mail: SarasotaReal@gmail.com
Phone: (941) 544-6763 FAX: (941) 866-7588
Strathmore Riverside Villas allows 2 small pets, It also has mature landscaping. It is about 2 miles to Siesta Key and 6.4 miles to downtown Saraosta and within 15 minutes of 3 major shopping centers.

Jean Burns
ERA Waterside Realty
941 780 1749
In Venice you can just buy a house, skipping the condo association altogether.
Do you have 1 dog or 2? Some communities only allow one. What weight is your dog (or dogs)? Most of the condo communities that allow dogs have specific weight limits, some have height limits as well.

What price range are you considering? What range of monthly condo fees are you looking to stay within? Some of the communities may be 55+, would that work for you?

There are quite a few condo communities in Sarasota that allow the owner of the unit to have a dog, some allow 2 small dogs, within a wide range of prices.

The Meadows is known for it's condo, villa and townhome communities with mature landscaping, beautiful shade trees and a range of prices as well. Examples of communities there would be Sheffield Greene (1 dog), Sandleheath (1 pet max 15 lbs), Somerset (1 dog max 25 lbs), Weybridge (1 dog max 40 lbs) Village Lake (1 small), Villa Majorca (2 pets, max 12 inches in length), Wedgewood (1 dog max 25 lbs), Weybridge (1 dog max 15" high), Woodland (1 pet max 30 lbs).

Palm Aire at University Parkway also offers a number of condo and villa communities with mature landscaping, beautiful shade trees and a range of prices too. For example, The Gardens allows 1 pet max 20 lbs, Palm Aire at Sarasota villas allow 1 small pet, Eagle Creek allows 1 pet - no weight limit.

Center Gate villas allow 1 pet max 30 lbs. This one is a 55+ community.

In Palmer Ranch, Bella Villino allows 1 or 2 small pets depending on section, Plaza de Flores allows 1 pet max 35 lbs, Pinestone allows up to 2 pets - 1 dog or 2 cats, Serenade allows 1 dog or cat & does not specify weights.

These are just a few of the communities that I know the pet restrictions of without having to look them up in the MLS as I have been working with a number of condo buyers.

If you'd like more information about any of these condo communities or areas, please give me a call at (941) 726-7109.

thanks,

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions,
Sarasota, FL
email: DianeMC21@aol.com

http://www.DianeChristner.com
all depends on your price range
will help me help you for there are alot of them out there
I have an active 3 bedroom plus study room, /3,5 baths townhouse listing in Sarasota. It is in a very desirable location and good association, 10-15 minutes from popular Siesta beach. You are allowed to have dogs, there is no any community requirement for the dog size. If you are interested in please let me know. It is my pleasure to help you.

NADIA PRIBISLAVSKI
Coppola Realty Group
nadiaprib@yahoo.com
8586 Potter Park Drive
Sarasota, FL 34238
941-780-0982
I'm looking for a golf course view condo that allows big dogs. Low 100's
Flag Mon Dec 30, 2013
A Realtor can set you up to receive listings automatically from the MLS based on your search criteria. The pet criteria can be put into the search. A recommendation of communities would depend on your price range and criteria of HOA fees, amenities, etc. I would be happy to help you.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/
I would recommend Pelican Cove in the southern part of Sarasota. Pets are alowed and the landscaping is very lush and mature. It is a great community on the water, with nice ammenities and activities. Prices starts in the low100s and up.
Here is a link for more information
http://www.teamnordstrom.com/communities/pelican-cove/

I would be happy to show you around the community and the units that are available for sale

Per Nordstrom
Premier Sothebys International Relaty Sarasota
ph 941 228 1080
There are a number of communities that allow pets with mature trees. One is pine run 1 and 2 or 3 bedrooms 600 to 1400 SF carport under 200,000 and 2 town homes available in Blackburn point woods over 2700 SF $300,000+. Both communities are west of 41 with public access to ICW. waterway in osprey. You can view them and everything on the market at http://www.propertybyingrid.com.
Thank you for your quick response. I failed to state that I am looking for units under $125,000 since it will be a vacation (retirement home in 7 years) home that I don't plan on renting. I will check out Pine Run.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013