Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Fe, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Can anyone recommend NJ towns that have a short commute to NYC, and in nice area with good school district. 500-900k with at least half acre.

Asked by Fe, New York, NY Sat Sep 1, 2012

we're considering: Chatham, Nutley, Rumson(areas around there close to ferry) but we'd like to know some other towns in northern jersey with a COMMUTE UNDER AN HOUR(to downtown manhattan). THANKS!!!

Answers

6
When coming south, please give me a call..I sent an answer regarding Rumson. I hope you liked the idea of a great life style.

Diane
Thank you all for your responses. We plan on starting the search in the Morris County and Nutley areas next week, and then plan to look in the southern areas. We already have a house in south jersey(LBI area) so definitely staying near atlantic highlands/rumson. We are hoping to find something(and move-in) by NOVEMBER...... is this feasible? Do Agents have access to more houses than the ones currently listed online?
Fe,

When I moved to NJ from Brooklyn, my husband was commuting to Manhattan (42nd and Park) , and I worked in Staten Island.

Although nor Northern New Jersey, I think that the town of Metuchen would be PERFECT for you. It's a small town, with an adorable Main Street. It has a train directly to NY Penn (30-40 minutes), and is convenient to Rt 287 , Route 1, the GSP and the Turnpike, and two shopping malls. It's also about a 45 minute drive to the beautiful Jersey Shore.

Here's a link to the official Metuchen web site:
http://www.metuchennj.org/

Most of the homes are within walking distance to the train, but there are several lots to park and ride. There are two elementary schools ( split K-3 then 4-6) and only 1 middle and high school. You can research the schools at:
http://education.state.nj.us/rc/rc11/index.html

There is a home for everyone. There are currently 53 homes on the market ranging from $209,000 to $799,000 and everything in between.

There are also 19 town homes/ condos ranging from $139,900 (2 bedroom 1 bath) to $525,000 (3 bedroom 2.5 bath with 2 car garage newly built luxury town homes)

If you are interested in seeing what's available, free free to contact me at 908-675-0167 or email me at PruMaryNJ@aol.com and I will be happy to discuss your needs in more detail and send you the listings.
Hi. Glad you decided to include Rumson, my husband and I , both agents have lived in Rumson for 35 years. We cold not have pickd more perfect town to live in..Great schools, easy commute to NYC..etc..
When you decide on a town, you choose a life style, and Rumson has the best possible life style..

Please call my husband or myself for further info..We are both full time agents

Diane and Bruce Van Vliet
732 859 2376. Diane's cell
732 778 3727. Bruce's cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hi

Go to njmonthly.com for the 2012 NJ school ranking. That can help you narrow down the towns a bit. 2012 # 1 school is New Providence. Train town , with easy comute to NYC and with property. I would also recommend Millburn, Livingston, Berkeley Heights,Chatham. You can check the commute on NJTransit. All approx. 45 minutes. Livingston does not have a train , many take the bus or drive to the Harrison station. BUT Livingston is getting a express jitney service going to the South Orange train station. It will leave from the Livingston Mall.

We need to come out here and explore what each town has to offer as a community and compare what you can buy in your price range.I would be happy to take you on a tour of the areas.

I am a Prudential Relocation Specialist and love helping clients to find the perfect town and home. Please contact me for any further information on the towns.

Carol Eisenstein
Prudential
973-879-3282
Carol.eisenstein@prudentialnewjersey.com
http://www.caroleisenstein.com

PS please excuse any typing errors, as I am sitting on the beach.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Hi-
some towns you may want to consider in Morris County are Chatham, Madison,,Mountain Lakes, Montville,Denville
All offer good commuting routes and good schools.

I I can help further,don't hesitate to contact me.

Carolle Donofrio
cadonof@aol.com
973-960-8002 cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012