Home Buying in Butte>Question Details

Mtbreis, Other/Just Looking in Rockies

Can anyone provide insight on living in Butte/Whitehall? Market trends? commute from Whitehall to Butte?

Asked by Mtbreis, Rockies Tue Apr 1, 2008

Answers

2
Lorraine Yde’s answer
Hello.... I have lived in both Butte and Whitehall over the years and found the area to have some of the sunniest days on the west side of the continental divide. Butte, which is a "mile high and a mile deep" has colder temperatures than Whitehall, which is definitely the "banana belt" of this general area. I commuted daily from Whitehall to Butte over both the Freeway and the Old Highway, which offers a spectacular night view of Butte as you near the city. It was the normal half hour commute most of the year, but was somewhat treacherous on certain days in the winter. Just slow down on those days! Bozeman, MT is a short drive from Whitehall and offers some of the best powder skiing in the world. Big Sky is also right over there, to the south. The fishing in the Jefferson is very good for trout and Three Forks is between Whitehall and Bozeman and connects to more river fishing. Hunting is an easy drive in any direction. Yellowstone Park is another playground at your disposal.

I am now in The Flathead Valley with a similar commute and matching amenities. Montana is where I have spent my life since vacating Minnesota in 1962! I recommend this lifestyle to the young and the "young at heart". I miss every place we have ever owned in the Butte/Whitehall area and continue to have lifelong friends in the area.

Lorraine Yde (wide) email:skyhawk@windermere.com or call: 406.844.0100
Hello-- My name is Regan Langel. I'm a Realtor in the Gallatin Valley but I've worked with Butte and Whitehall properties and do have a couple of listings out there. The commute is not bad-- only about 25 minutes in interstate travel. As far as the quality of life in both towns? They are excellent towns for all sorts of reasons. Great air, great views, incredible people, and of course-- golfing, skiing, fishing, hiking, and mountains all within 20-60 minutes. The market has somewhat leveled off over the past couple of months but you can get some incredible buys. I'd love to send you some more info if you're looking to relocate. You can contact me at 406-284-6546.
Web Reference: http://www.AmeriMont.com