Bjtw05, Home Buyer in Encinitas, CA

Can anyone provide a site that gives updated flood zoning info.? I have been to but it's more specific to an area than an address. Thx

Asked by Bjtw05, Encinitas, CA Sat Nov 23, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


While an updated elevation certificate is your best bet and info is still being updated, you can try this site: it does do specific addresses.

Desiree Maurer, Realtor
Keller Williams Charleston
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Thank you all so much for being so helpful. Freeflood was most helpful as it gave me the zone rating for a particular property, whereas just said it was in a High Risk Area. It's clearly a minefield out there now. I know of the B-W Act and believe I read they are postponing the pain but it's coming of course. I looked at a lovely new construction townhouse in Mt Pleasant with a $3K per year flood insce for that unit. But nothing is guaranteed so it could become even worse I suppose.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
If a townhome, you may want to check to see what the HOA/regime fees include as they may cover flood insurance. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
An update to my original question...thanks to Desiree Maurer, I have been using (also .net) and it gives answers for specific addresses unless they are new builds. The info is free on 3 addresses per day, after which you have to pay.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 11, 2013
I can only echo what is stated below; an elevation certificate will be needed to give accurate information per address.

If you need someone who could give a great estimate, feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to send his contact info!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 11, 2013
As others have stated the elevation certificate is probably the best course of action. I believe, bit you should verify with your insurance rep that one will be required for your policy.

Flood maps in all coastal counties are currently under study.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Best bet is to call your insurance rep and ask them. It is important to get the elevation certificate.
Congress seems to want to kick the can down the road but sooner or later people will pay real rates.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Bjw05 pay attention to what happens with BW act it's going to be a doozy.
Best bet is to call a local insurance broker and get the skinny of insurance in the Low country. I have referrals that would be happy to explain.
Flag Sun Nov 24, 2013
Thanks Bill. Yes, doing my own research before the insurance agent gets involved. I found out, just FYI that Freeflood allows only 3 searches per day. Sigh.
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
The National Flood Insurance Program is updating flood records. Not all of them are current. Check with the county you live in. They should have a current flood map.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Please see the provided link below. Recommend contacting the flood plain manager.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Thank you for responding so quickly. Have you any idea if this information applies to South Carolina (Charleston)?
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer