Bill Fogerty, Home Buyer in 95682

Can anyone order an inpection report on any property? Regardless of if I'm buying the property?

Asked by Bill Fogerty, 95682 Mon Jun 11, 2012

Answers

4
I'm guessing you are considering a bank owned property. You cannot order any inspections on a home without the permission of the current owner. There are liability issues with having anyone enter a property and inspect. What if the inspector caused damage to the property? Or tripped and injured himself? Just think of it in reverse, no one could do an inspection on your home without your permission.
The real problem you will have is getting access to the home. I suppose anyone can order a report if they are willing to pay for it but if you don't have legal access to the home, you will have trouble. If you have legal access to the home, you can hire an inspector to conduct an inspection.
I'm guessing you are talking about an already existing report? If so I think with most inspectors the answer would be no. The report usually has wording that it cannot be sold or transferred and is for the exclusive use of the person(s) who ordered it.
Strange question. You could order and pay for a home inspection on a home but unless you have keys to it or the ability to legally get into it the inspector is going to charge you a lot for not doing to much. The owner might have an objection to some guy doing an inspection on his house that is not for sale.
No, I am sorry you may not have any inspections in the situation. Thank you so much for your good and popular question. Best of luck to you on your home search.
Flag Tue May 6, 2014