Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Dave Dion, Real Estate Pro in Gilbert, AZ

Can anyone name the top 10 real estate agents in naples, FL, based on production and reputation?

Asked by Dave Dion, Gilbert, AZ Tue Jul 17, 2007

Answers

19
When you put aside the ego factor, and you consider that we have a responsibility as professionals to operate under a certain code of ethics and licensure law by the state of Florida, I would say all Professional Realtors who can provide you with a list of references, who are open and honest, but most of all who put your mind at ease are the best to consider. Remember, the Brokerage Relationship is one of the most important forms to review with a potential candidate. Don't judge a realtor by their jewelry, car, or other status symbols, but moreso based on your comfort level. If they won't put into writing what they will do for you in either selling or finding you the perfect home, then you might consider continuing the search.
Ohhhh! You could be "barking up the wrong tree." If you are seeking Top Agents you are may eventually ome to understand that many of these individuals have 30, 40, 50........listings in their stable. All though this may be benificial to them, it may not be good for the listing home owner if the agent is not able to provide necessary services.

Since bigger isn't always better, I would also propose you interview agents on a basis of: productivity, marketing plan for your home, internet presence, marketing budget, knowledge of your area & product, and how hungary they are for success.(as subjective as reputation)

Piggy-backed to this is the importance of having the home price right to begin with-a word of caution....the highest priced quote isn't necessarily the best selling price.

The "Eckler team"
It's a pleasure working with all of the agents in Naples, FL! We have found the agents we have worked with to be on top of their game, very informative and friendly. Thanks! Slab-2-Shingles Home Inspection Service of SWFL
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 1, 2011
Numbers does not make a good realtor, reputation does, as well as character, integrity, morals, knowledge of market, education, principles, tenacity and the "out of the box" mentality in this market shift. My name is Mary E. Scalcucci, glad to meet you!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 9, 2008
Try calling or emailing the local board of Realtors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2007
Please feel free to use http://www.napleshomes.com as a resource for all Naples real estate needs. http://www.napleshomes.com as the latest market updates, statistics, blogs, listings updated daily, pictures, community summaries, and much more.

If I can be of any assistance, personally please feel free to reach out to me via cell 239.244.1559, via email ryan@napleshomes.com, or via website http://www.napleshomes.com.

Ryan
http://www.napleshomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.napleshomes.com
Interesting question. Is production measured by total dollars in sales or number of sales? On reputation how do you measure integrity, honesty, charisma? I wounder how many agents are picked by their picture. Dave if you are looking for measurable, i would go to Trulia or Zillow now one big happy family and look up a given agent. Once there how many did they sell over the past year, do they have a 5 star rating? Looking past this look at the listings. Quality with visual tours and a multi page flier?

If your looking for a contact in Naples give me a call, and good luck... joe
If you are looking to sell in Naples please review my site!

http://www.napleshomes.com/selling.php
You know, my first reaction was annoyance that you dredged up a 3 year old question, just to make a point.

But truth be told, you make a very good point.
Firstly, in response to Mary E. Scalcucci's answer: The notion that "reputation makes a good realtor" is asinine. But, coming from a realtor in Naples, I suppose it makes sense. Unfortunately, her thought is a common perception among realtors in southwest Florida. Naples was the unfortunate receipient of a flood of people wanting to cash in on the hot housing market and now the town is overrun with sub-par, inadequate realtors.
Look at it in these terms: There's one realtor for every four residents on average in Collier County. But put 25 of those realtors in a room and you'll only find one who is truly knowledgeable, smart and congenial.
Cruel? Perhaps, the truth isn't always comfortable. But, my point is proven by the answers provided prior to mine. The question posed was "Can anyone name the top 10 real estate agents in naples, FL, based on production and reputation?" Tony Marks and Jim Duncan were the only two who actually answered Dave's question. The rest were essentially sales pitches. Virtually no one took the time to answer the question that was asked! That right there is symptomatic with the problems in the real estate industry: Lots of talking and no listening. Dave didn't ask for a referral to a realtor, he asked for a list of the top producers and reputations. (The two answers from home buyers can obviously be removed from consideration within this diatribe as, unless they have some connection with Nancy Jaynes, they wouldn't stand to benefit from touting her services.)
I suspect that this answer will go largely unnoticed as the initial question was posed three years ago and, as the local realtors have proven time and time again, it might be read by an industry pro, but will be just as quickly forgotten. But, if you, a realtor, DO happen to read this, do me a favor. Stop thinking so much about your commission percentage and remember, for one quick second, the client who is making that commission a reality for you and LISTEN. Then answer. Don't b.s. the client though. If you know the answer, great. If you don't, tell them that you'll work on it. But don't layer on scoop after scoop of crap to simply placate your client. They're smarter than that and frankly they deserve more than that.
I can provide you rankings of any agents in Naples by production. For reputation, I recomment those firms who are members of the Bettter Business Bureau where you can see any complaint history. Call me to discuss. 800-214-4945
Web Reference: http://johnkrol.net
I found the reference to Nancy Jaynes (Amerivest, 500 5th Ave South, Naples, FL) on this page about 7 months ago and contacted her to help us find a home in Naples. My husband and I had decided to move to Naples after years of New England winters and we wanted to come down and find a home without having to make lots of trips. Nancy was fantastic. She knew the market, she was calm, cool and collected and she helped us find the house of our dreams on one 4 day trip to Naples. We negotiated while traveling back north and somehow she managed the process through numerous obstacles. We couldn't be happier with everything that she did for us - from start to finish. She gets our vote for best Real Estate Agent any day.
First we must need to know what specialized field of real estate are you inquiring about. My wife, Patsy and I are both Certified Residential Specialist and both graduates of the Realtors® Institute. I was the first Accredited Land Consultant in Collier County. I think we think of every transaction as a win-win situation. The buyer is happy and the seller is happy. As many of the agents that have already aswered your question, biggest is not always best. Read our bio's on http://www.NaplesDreamTeam.com and make your own decision. We will be more than glad to help you find achieve your dream.
John W. Vaughn, CRS "Emeritus", e-Pro, GRI, ALC
I like to think that I am the best in what I do. Check out my Bio and I'm certain you will agree.

Dennis Leffert, J.D.
Lic Real Estate Broker
239-560-0014
http://www.dennisleffert.com
YPU MIGHT WANT TO TRY WORKING OUT OF RELATIONSHIPS FIRST AND THE CONTACT BROKERS IN THE OFFICES YOU ARE LOOKING AT SENDING REFFERALS TO.

go to http://floridamoves.com/jeanmarc.katzeff
Hi Dave

As you know the question you asked is very subjective. Most of your top producing agents are teams and although you may refer to them you may get a team member instead of the top producing agent you want.
Reputations are drawn by relationships with those realtors, as professionals we may like and respect the professionalism of a particular realtor, but their customers may have a diffierent view of the same agent.
I prefer to interview individual agents to first see what type of service the will provide and to see if the agent is qualified and compatable with my clients
I hope this answers your question

Brian and Diana Caron
I have a house in a prime location in Olde Naples and work with Nancy Jaynes. She works at RealtyUSA.com which is located right in downtown Naples on 5th Ave South. I worked with another agent last year. No comparison! I have referrred her a couple times and everyone says the same thing. She goes over and above and works to meet your specific needs -- whether it be buying, selling, or renting. I can't say enough about her! Give her a call!
Dave,

In my local area, which is the Tampa Bay region, we have a sales compilation that can be bought known as the "Fred Kenst Report". This report tells me exactly what each realtor has done for each quarter. It even breaks it down by offices, or by listings, sales, etc. I have only purchased the reports for Pinellas County, but I believe it can be purchased for other counties in the state of Florida.
I work with many FULL-TIME Professionals around the state. If you go to my web site and look at Florida Realtors you can find some great ones