Home Buying in Katy>Question Details

Allen Montgo…, Renter in Katy, TX

Can anyone give me an idea of the problems that might be found at the 2667 Anthony Hay Lane, Katy TX 77449 listing?

Asked by Allen Montgomery, Katy, TX Fri Mar 30, 2012

Can anyone give me an idea of the problems that might be found at the 2667 Anthony Hay Lane, Katy TX 77449 listing. It looks to be a nice home, looks to be well kept and recently updated with a pool. but yet it has been listed for more than 180 days!! Thanks

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Katy

Answers

6
Contact me to start working on this. Sometimes properties have a stigma associated with them. Call me to discuss.
Best Regards
Gary Jones 281-994-5213
First off it's a short sale, and that trims the buying pool down because as a rule, there's no negotiation, and most agents do not like to deal with short sales, steering their clients away from them. The bank tells you it's approved, or no. And if it's a no, there's no countering, you just have to re submit another offer and wait again for the banks response to hear if your second offer has been approved or not. These banks usually take at lease 2 1/2 months to get back to you. Also, it's being sold as, and has a contract on it. Your inspector will find out what's wrong with any home you look to purchase once you're under contract. ALWAYS get an inspection. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in your new home search.

Bryan
Well Allen it is a short sale and according to the agent, it has an offer on it. Sadly it can many many months to close a short Sale. It actually has nearly been listed 1 yr. Are you looking for a home similar to this one. I would love to assist you. The banks can be really slow, as you can see! Plus they are sold AS IS!
Other than the home being a short sale, the pictures show the walls being painted. If you were to buy this hone, an inspection would reveal problems. I would be glad to find similar homes and get that information to you. Contact me at your convenience.
This property is a short sale, requiring an approval from the lender. Currently, there is an offer being negotiated with the bank, but are accepting back up offers. Contact me with any specific questions or if I could be of further assistance. Thank you
It's listed as a short sale--and it's contingent on 3rd party pre-approval, meaning the bank has mostly likely not approved the sale yet. Hope this helps.

Vanessa Castillo, Realtor, TAHS