Rkp, Home Buyer in Monroe, NY

Can anyone comment on the Meadow Glenn Development in Monroe, NY.?

Asked by Rkp, Monroe, NY Thu Jul 22, 2010

Interested in hearing comments from folks that have experience helping buyers purchase property in this development. I see quite a few listing and not many properties sold in the last year. Are there any specific concerns / issues to address when considering property in this development. Thanks.

Answers

9
Very Nice Units but I'm not crazy about its proximity to the Target Mall.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 18, 2013
Most buyers like it because they are close to shopping and the highway for easy commuting
Flag Fri Aug 22, 2014
Look out your window and see Target shopping complex - built right next to Meadow Glen.
Some current owners are opting to work with a property management company to rent out their units instead of incurring a loss on the inflated purchase with any sale. Units are currently renting between $2300 - $2600 per month and selling in the low 300's. Call me at 917.701.3418 for further information and perspective.
My office is across from Meadow Glen we saw the complex been build and sold. The issue is when these units where sold the market was at the top, buyers actually paid too much with all the up-grades. Now the price is at value, but unfortunately some buyers will loose, I have a unit that my client purchased for $464,000 now they are relocating and the price is $349,900. As far the complex itself is a good area. But the market condition has hurt them. If you need additional info you are welcome to call me.
845-782-4646 Weichert realtors monroe office.
It is a nice gated complex. It is well maintained outside and the units are spacious inside. Many units were sold at the height of the market, when prices were highest. Many buyers now are waiting for prices to "bottom out" further. Short sales may be had for a fraction of the original "sold" price. There may be room for negotiations (depending on the lender). I've had buyers say that the Home Owners Association fees are a little high.Before you begin looking, you need to know what you qualify for. If you are interested, you should get yourself pre-approved, then find a local realtor and find out what is available (both traditional & short sales). If short sales interest you, a realtor can find out what work has been done between the sellers agent and the bank. So,get pre-approved find an a realtor, pick a unit that you like, make an offer, and take it from there...

If you would like to start the process, call/text me @ 845-661-7481

Mike Mulligan
Associate Broker
(E) mikemulligan@kw.com
(W) mikesellshudsonvalley.com
It's a nice area, they seem a little high priced considering you can get a nice house for the same money in the same area, but they are really nice townhouses in Monroe.
Bill Smith
Keller Williams realty
914-420-1974
http://www.TownhousesForSaleInOrangeCountyNY.com
There are absolutely no issues with this complex. It is beautiful, well maintained outside and spacious inside. The main issue is buyer reluctance to buy. Many are waiting for prices to "dump" some more. These units originally sold for so much more than listing prices are being asked currently. Short sales may be had for a fraction of the original "sold" price. There is typically room for negotiations and so prices will still change with negotiations. If you are interested, you should find a unit that you like, make an offer, and see where you can go..

if you would like too see several..give me a call...Miriam Munzer @ 914-443-1618
I don't think that there are specific issues. Atleast none that I'm aware of. I happen to like it. The reality is that many people overpaid for their units and are in either a short sale situation or they are just listed too high.
Keep in mind that real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods/complexes; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.