Home Buying in Vail>Question Details

gecross, Home Buyer in Vail, AZ

Can anyone Tell me about eh Quality of KB homes compared to Pulte or Richmond America. In Vail AZ

Asked by gecross, Vail, AZ Mon May 7, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Vail

Answers

7
We made the mistake of purchasing a new KB Home and would never buy another KB Home or ever recommend KB Home to anyone. The experience has been a nightmare and we feel the warranty service has been a joke. Nobody at KB Home seems to care. KB Home has made us so incredibly frustrated that we created a website http://www.kbhomeproblems.com and a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/kbhomeproblems
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
I have personally sold 3 Richmond American new homes in the past year. Which tells you I like them, because I encourage my buyers to go look. They may or may not agree with my opinion. I have sold beautiful KB Homes that had been upgraded in every way. That was a home any buyer would have been proud to own. There are differences between builders that are important re price, differences in quality of materials, energy efficiency, etc. The importance of each of these items to you personally will determine the best home.

Would you like to visit some of the communities with me, as an experienced area agent? I live and work in Vail. Being represented by a knowledgable Buyers Agent is key at model home centers. The site agent works for the Builder, and represents only the builder, not your interests.

Please contact me if you would like to schedule an appointment.

Kat Tyree, Realtor/AB
Tierra Antigua Realty
TucsonKat@gmail.com
520-730-5540
We own a KB home, and it's been adequate, but certainly not high quality. We have had sheetrock nails popping out of the walls through the paint. My father is a contractor, and he always taught me that the right way to do sheet rock is with sheetrock screws (which won't pop out later as the house settles). I don't know if all "quantity" built homes use the nail gun method (which is certainly much faster) or if it's just the low end ones that do, but the nail gut level quality seems typical of everything in our KB home.
Sure. However, please keep in mind you are asking for an opinion. My favorite color is black, I suspect you have your own? My true advice to you and any other potential home buyer, look at all three of these homes and make your own decision, based on who you are and your preferences.

I have shown all three, have been buyers agent for all three, and I have had listings for all three. Something else to consider, would be price. In the past KB homes were some of the less expensive new builds, but if that is a buyers "max" price, it might be the best option for that buyer in that price range.

There is no replacing putting foot to pavement and viewing properties when you are looking to buy. If you would like to view some or have more questions, please give me a call.

Spirit

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
I have seen many new homes built over the years, and also worked as a new home sales agent for several local builders. In my opinion, the KB homes can be very nicely upgraded if you pay for each option separately, such as more insulation, 2x6 walls, more quality features. This costs extra money, and the better value and quality is definitely not there. I encourage Richmond American among others, when the buyers I represent prefer new homes.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
Long Realty Co.
and
Experienced New Homes sales agent
TucsonKat@gmail.com
520-730-5540
I recently looked at the KB and Richmond America homes in Vail and I would have to agree with Lorrie. The KB homes felt cheap. There was a LOT of wasted space in the model I toured. The Richmond America homes are built better and seem to have better quality. Better floor plans too. Given the choice, I'd go with Richmond America. I haven't seen any Pulte homes yet.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
KB was never one of the higher quality builders. Take a look at this article. http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2011/09/12/ratings-cuts-mo…
Pulte builds a pretty good quality home and Richmond America follows behind them.
Regards
Lorrie