Home Buying in Lowell>Question Details

Ninfragile19, Home Buyer in Lowell, MA

Can anybody recommend a real estate attorney around Lowell, MA who charges a flat-fee for buyer?

Asked by Ninfragile19, Lowell, MA Tue Aug 4, 2009

representation?

I'm looking for both P&S as well as closing assistance.

Answers

3
When Deb and Jake refer to the 'closing attorney', they mean the Bank's attorney. From my experience, the bank's attorney will usually represent the buyers for a nominal fee, since they are being paid to conduct the closing for the bank/lender.
Janet
Some will do a courtesy review of the P&S if they are also the closing attorney, as the answer below states. The rest of the charges are also mostly flat fees either from the attorney (title search, doc prep) or other places like the registry (recording fees, lien release.) - so you would have to ask up front what these charges will be so you can compare. Someone might do a free P&S review, but charge more for other things. It's hard to get one flat fee for all closing-related services because you never know what might come up and what extra work they will have to do. ( Yesterday a closing attorney I'm working with had to create and fax two documents to a local town hall to fix a problem that delayed closing.) But you should be able to estimate pretty closely what it will come to in a normal closing. Hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://homes.debn.net
I would highly recommend Attorney Frank DiMaria. He will review your P&S for free if you request him as closing attorney also. He is a fantastic lawyer, attentive, responsive and a great guy on top of it. Check him out at http://www.frankdimaria.com/. Tell him Jake at myrealtorjake.com sent you!