Jeremy Conley, Home Owner in Poway, CA

Can a seller force you to pay their admin fees for business they provide in their investment group? can they hold a house hostage unless you use it?

Asked by Jeremy Conley, Poway, CA Fri Sep 27, 2013

Answers

4
No that is up surd! Was it in the listing agreement, or on the listing? I have never heard of this in school. in life anywhere!
In general, sellers can't tell you who to use, but you can agree to use who they want you to. If you used their proprietary purchase agreement, you may have agreed to that when you signed and not realized it. The answer is in your purchase agreement, counters, and any addenda. Have you asked your agent about it?

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421 Direct
619-884-3452 Cell
c.lascala@cox.net
Lic # 01443391
buyer to pay $300 processing fee to seller at close of escrow, what the heck! what did the seller process?
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
My addendem says offer is only contingent upon buyer being prequalified though sellers prefered lender, seller resevres right to cancel the transaction if i do not qualify, I already and under written fully with QL and Wells Fargo, can they do this?
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
The seller can request the buyer cover the fees as part of the listing, purchase contract, counter offer or addendum. This is a question for your REALTOR.
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
It depends on what is negotiated in your contract. It should stipulate who pays for what and each party should agree to it...

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL