Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

So Cal Buyer, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can a seller back out of a CAR RR once both parties agree to it and sign it? Is this document binding?

Asked by So Cal Buyer, Los Angeles, CA Sat Apr 7, 2012

I am in escrow and the seller claimed ingnorance the day after they agreed to it? My agent told me that they can change their mind even after they agree and sign the CAR RR? I feel like I got the shaft and I am withdrawing from escrow so I don't lose my deposit.

Answers

2
Hey So Cal Buyer,
Seller can back out as long as it's stipulated in contract. The bottom line is that if you don't understand your contract and your agent, then you should consult a real estate attorney to represent you. Are there two agents involved?
Firs try to go read over your contract with your agent to find out the conditions, contingencies, terms, amendments, and deadlines. And if it still doesn't make sense, then your real estate attorney could align your transaction.
By the way whatever you agreed with Seller and it's signed by both does not need to go through escrow in order to be valid.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 8, 2012
You should not withdraw from escrow. Your deposit should not be at risk from what you have said here. You should consult an attorney. A seller cannot change their mind after they sign a document. That is a legally binding contract if it is done correctly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
About the CAR RR....My agent told me the Seller had the right change there response to my original CAR RR because it had not through escrow. Any thoughts?
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012