We are unfortunately in the position, however, that we do have to sell our current house in order to move. Because we are only selling if we are able to buy this other house, we really need to know whether we have an agreement and whether we should sell ours.
Therefore, it seems to me that the best course of action is to give them a time limit to sign after which our offer expires. This will either force them to make a decision or relieve us of our obligation so we can move on. This is the course our realtor recommends. We do really love the house but we don't want to be strung along forever, either.
Is this a reasonable request of the sellers?