Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

sav1, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can a non resident of the USA qualify for a loan in US bank to buy property in other country?

Asked by sav1, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jun 23, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:



It depends on how much down payment you have prepared. Sometimes foreign banks are willing to lens to foreign investors with large down payments.

I would be happy to recommend a few lenders to you.

Feel free to contact me directly with questions/concerns.


Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: Http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 23, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 14, 2013
Thanks to all for the answers.
I'm considering property purchase out of the US and I'm not US citizen.
The reason why I'm looking for a loan opportunity in US bank is low interest rate.
For example: I want to buy a property lets's say in Ukraine, but the interest rate of local banks is 20-25% annually. As for US banks, it is only 5-7%. So, this is the issue.
I would be grateful if you could recommend the banks to which I can apply with such kind of question.
Thank you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 25, 2013
Hi There, I hope that your project is a very high end one, or else why would you ask this question? In fact I am glad you asked, it allows the question to be on the table for everyone else. The US bank would have to be a branch of a multinational bank that has affiliates here and in other countries. They are going to ask you tons of paperwork, and you will be lucky if the person taking care of you is efficient. Always ask for the manager.
IF a LLC or LP is going to ask for the loan, be prepared to be responsible for it in writing on a personal level.
Some of the responses below did not get the fact you want to purchase abroad.
Now when you find that kind of lender, return the favor to us guys who answered, or at least tried to answer, your question and let us know how you did it!

Muriel Levin, Broker - Realtor
HAFA certified,Certified Negotiator, Short Sale and Foreclosure Resources Specialist. Residence, income properties and commercial leases.
Votre agence immobilière de confiance sur Los Angeles et toute la région de la Californie du Sud
Agent Immobilier Francophone a Los Angeles, Hollywood,Santa Monica and Beverly Hills . Achat et Ventes immobilières a votre portée, de loin ou de près.

323 363-91-40
Muriel Levin @ gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.muriellevin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 25, 2013
I can do it but they need to put 35% down.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Only if you have:
1. Income in this country
2. Assets, in this country, that they can link the mortgage to
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
I work a lot with Foreign Nationals from Europe buying and financing properties in the US. I would recommend to search for Foreign National Mortgage Brokers in the country you wish to purchase real estate and see if the banks in this particular country are familiar with Foreign National Loans. If you're are a Resident of this particular country, you should have no problem to acquire a loan.

Best Regards,
Kirsten S. Prizzi
AC Global Property Management Lee County, LLC
FL Lic Real Estate Broker
Immobilienfachwirt / Immobilienmakler
Telephone: 239.248.1667
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
Email: Kirsten@RealEstateFloridaUSA.com
Location is just the beginning!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
If I understand your question correctly....you are a non resident that wants to borrow money from a US lender, for the purpose of purchasing property outside of the United States....

If this is a correct, it's highly doubtful that lenders will be jumping on this opportunity. It would be just too difficult to hold the borrower to their loan commitment.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
There are a few lenders that handle Foreign Nationals which is what it would be called when inquiring about a loan in the USA to buy a home here in the US. Now your question as I read it is that you want the USA to fund /lend money on a home you want to buy in a foreign country, that would be a not that I am aware of answer (but I could be wrong)you would have to find funding outside of the USA or in that country in which you wish to buy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Your residency status affects your ability to obtain a home loan. A home buyer will fall into one of the following categories: citizen, resident alien, or non-resident alien.

Freddie Mac Guidelines for Permanent and Non-Permanent Residents:

Review Freddie Mac Guidelines for non-resident and contact a direct Freddie Mac Lender.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 23, 2013
Probably not a standard loan. However if they are a high net-worth individual with many assets (like stock portfolio), I know a source that would lend against those assets for international projiects.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer