Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Shi, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can a non resident American buy a property in america?

Asked by Shi, Los Angeles, CA Mon Sep 5, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Steve Brown’s answer
Yes, you need to talk to a lender that provides a foreign national program. This can be a fast track to non citizen, non green card real estate ownership in the USA. We do provide this program.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 1, 2013
Yes. Non resident Americans can buy property.
Non-citizens can also buy property in the USA.
To date, no extraterrestrials have purchased real estate in the USA.
Although in CALIFORNIA, there are some who would question that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2014
You can purchase a house in the United States even if you are not a citizen, you could buy and sell houses as a legal resident if you have good credit and if you can borrow money, but keep in mind that you will have to pay extra sales taxes at the time of reselling your property if you’re not a citizen or U.S resident. You can purchase just about any house in the US by looking on the MLS listing on a web site such as http://pallspera.com/. There are advantages, however, when you are a resident, but no limitations either way.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2014
YES! Absolutely, it is actually very easy to buy Real Estate in the US. Buying a US property can be a learning experience for some. However, it really is quite simple when you know the in-depth process and have International Real Estate Experts to assist you in your Real Estate purchase. Throughout our website, we explain the in-depth process of buying property in California and the Los Angeles Areas.

Remember that we are here to Educate you on the Buying Process and are available to answer any questions that you may have. Feel free to call us at (310)923-2334 or email us directly below using the contact us form with any questions you may have as we look forward to assisting you in your next Real Estate Purchase.

Heather Paul, International Real Estate Expert
in Southern California with Coldwell Banker

If you have any Real Estate questions or are Interested in Buying or Investing in Real Estate in California,
Call us at (310)586-0364 or (310)923-2334.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2444 Wilshire Blvd. Ste. 102 Santa Monica, CA 90403
License # 01475055
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2013
Yes!! If you have a bank account and a constant income and money going into the account, than it is possible for a person who is not a citizen to get a mortgage
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 7, 2011
Hi Shi:

Yes, this is possible...with the right documentation, financing and cash being brought into the country documented.

Good luck!

All the best,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 7, 2011
I have sold numerous parcels of Vacant Land to Non Residents, legally. Also since the markets are slow many of my listings offer Easy Qualifier Seller Financing on Vacant Land Parcels, meaning that you don't have to deal with banks or institutions for financing, many of my Sellers Will Finance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
Shi - As others have mentioned, a foreigner can most certainly purchase property here in America. It's done every single day, especially these days with our market prices being as affordable as they are. However, getting traditional financing will most certainly be more challenging because of your foreign status, especially if you have no verifiable U.S. income or U.S. credit history.

There are financing option available but they won't be traditional financing options, more than likely they will be either portfolio loan options or possibly hard money financing. Furthermore, I would recommend you find a competent Mortage Broker or Mortgage Banker because these lending sources are most likely to be the ones that are going to have the most viable loan options for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011

Yes you can, although loan programs can be difficult. Also, as an out of country buyer you should find an agent/broker that deals with international clients regularly as it is a different process.

We do all the time but unfortunately we are in San Francisco. Perhaps someone with similar skills down there will respond to your post.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
Yes. You can also get a mortgage loan under some specific terms...generally 65% of loan to value of the house..

Contact me directly if you need more info ron@select-realestate.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
A forigner or non american resident can purchase property anywhere in the U.S.. Especially at this current market where are more affordable than in the past. Please feel free to contact me should you have further question
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 5, 2011
Yes, this is possible.

Feel free to shoot me an email directly with some more information about what you're looking for, in turn I can refer you to my mortgage lender with Bank of America who can assist you with financing options.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 5, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer