Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

mark2665, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

Can a lender deny me because my permanent residencycard has expired?

Asked by mark2665, Miami, FL Tue Aug 27, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Not some, all lenders will. Mark, I can definitely help. The renewal process is so long, you can do the loan now with the expired alien card. Feel free to call me, I can definitely help you.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 27, 2013
Your card expired doesn't mean you are illegal. With $450 you can renew for 10 years
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 30, 2013
They don't need your residency card. A current drivers license and your ssn that's all they need.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 30, 2013
Yes. Your ID must be current and valid.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
No, Robert, that does not mean you are here illegally because your permanent resident card is expired. That would be a visa. Learn the law before you give false advice
Flag Fri May 23, 2014
Just to add....any lender can deny you any time. Mortgage loans are not a right, they are an option. The person handing out the cash gets to say if and when they will lend, and they can deny you up to the day of closing. On another note, if your residency has expired, then you are here illegally, and now breaking the law. I know that sounds harsh, but you asked an honest question, and this is the honest answer.
Flag Thu Aug 29, 2013
Even since the housing bubble burst, mortgage lenders have been subjecting borrowers applicants to stricter criteria. But, in this case, I think any lender will denied your mortgage loan because is obvious that without a permanent residency card valid, you can jot be able to make a living, even worst how you will make your mortgage payments.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
They denied you, so they certainly can.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 28, 2013
It seems logical since your income could be in jeopardy if your permanent residency cannot be renewed and you must leave the US.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to expect you to be able to proved permanent residency.

If you have a large down you may be able to find a hard money lender (loan shark) to lend you the money to buy a property. Expect to pay very high fees and a high interest rate, too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 28, 2013
Yes, no updated documents shows to them a kind of risk. Time change for better, investor don't like anything is going to be a risk in their money. Maybe you lost your transaction, but we can find another property after you make all possible to renew your permanent residency card. This is a new start for you. 305 519-3199.

We are students every day of our lifes even me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 28, 2013
Some lenders can and will. I just closed a loan where the co- borrower had a expired green card, so my underwriter made the her go down to the nearest Social Security Administration Office and get her SS# validated. She came back with a stamped validation and we funded. Let me know if we can be of assistance to you as we are licensed in FL.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.AFN-Loans.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 27, 2013
but what if there is no co-borrower...just one buyer with expired NY residency?
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer