Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

bboy, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Can a foreigner get a homeowners insurance for a residential home he purchased under his company name, company registered outside US.?

Asked by bboy, Houston, TX Tue Jul 23, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


I should mention I am a former Independent Insurance Agency owner.

Pieter Janse-van Vuuren, REALTOR
713.876.6633 DIRECT
Keller Williams Realty Northeast
20665 West Lake Houston Parkway
Kingwood, TX 77346
281.852.4545 office
Each office independently owned and operated
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
You would have to look either for a surplus lines company, such as Lloyd's of London perhaps. The only standard carrier that I think will consider it is Chubb Companies. They would want to have other coverage for you in force (even in your home company, they have broad international reach) or be in good standing with them previously at the least. I would suggest reviewing those two options with an experienced insurance agent familiar with Chubb Comapnies. If they are a direct agent, they will be of exceptional quality and even if not through Chubb, will most likely be able to help.
Web Reference: http://www.chubb.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
I do not see why not but you should call some different agents or companies directly to get quotes and explain the situation to them. I'm sure you can but only they can tell you that for sure.

Hope this helps.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
As my colleagues have suggest, call a couple of independent insurance agents to discuss this with them. I am assuming that if the home is in your Company's name, then the insurance would have to be in the Company's name. I guess it also depends in whose name the Title and Deed are registered to. Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Great question, probably best answered by your insurance agent.
I would call an independent agent.

I'm very much guessing, but I don't think that is a problem for most, but have never tried it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I would recommend calling an insurance agent-one that I can recommend is Kenneth Stewart of Nationwide Insurance-his phone number is 281.677.9143 or you can email him at stewak20@nation wide/com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
You'll need to check with an insurance agent ... but I know of no insurance company that will turn down money. Paying claims is another matter, but I'm almost certain that you'd be be to insure the property.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer