Home Buying in Delgado Park>Question Details

Michael Bulz…, Renter in Houston, TX

Can a buyer expect to get the "best " deal on a property if your agent works for the same company as the seller's agent?

Asked by Michael Bulzomi, Houston, TX Thu Mar 31, 2011

Answers

8
As long as a buyer's agent is willing to present that buyer's offer, and if the seller is willing to play ball, then every deal should be a good/great one.
As for the "best" deal--do keep in mind that the seller has the final say when it comes to accepting or rejecting any offers, not the agent; therefore if you like your agent no reason not use him/her....
Howdy Michael
You are an informed buyer and you should be. So your two questions…Intermediary Relationships and a Lawyer to review your contracts. Good questions. There is Real Estate Law and instructions (Broker Information) on handling Intermediary Relationships.(Agent representing Buyer and Seller) and if you would email me I will send you the complete information. And you know in all that is said if you questioned the fairness you think that might be an internal light to do something about it. Lawyers to review contracts, you definitely are entitled and if you feel better about hiring an attorney to review, you definitely should. Real Estate contracts today are promulgated and written by attorneys. The agent only fills in blanks and cannot change or practice law! In fact as you read the contracts they are written to protect you the buyer. If you would like I would be happy to send you blank contracts and perhaps after reading them you will better decide if you need an attorney to review. Good luck on your home search, welcome to El Paso and let me know if there is anything I can do in anyway to help you or answer any further questions you might have

See El Paso Homes for Sale on your cell Text EPT to 87778
What is my home worth, or any El Paso Home worth, how long has it been on the market and more www. HomePricesElPaso.com
Wishes for God’s best to you and yours in every way each and every day!
Cynthia Ann Morris,
CNE, CRS ,CSP,ePRO, GRI, TAHS,Texas Property Tax Arbitrator,Certified Real Estate Instructor
Sales, Property Management and Investing First Time Home Buyer Specialist
Short Sales and Foreclosure WE BUY HOMES
Broker-Owner Serving you and all of El Paso County.
Phone 915 471 4300 Fax 915 855 4609
email cynthia@EPHomeSearch.com Website http://www.EPHomeSearch.com
I want to be the only REALTOR ® you will ever need
Web Reference: http://www.EPHomeSearch.com
Most agents are nice, honest, hard working folks that will do anything they can to help you find and buy a house. To think that using your own agent will assure you of a better final price is a WAG (wild ass guess) at best. Actually, sometimes a listing agent can get the sellers to do as much or more than dealing with another agent as the buyers agent. There is just no way to tell for sure. Chances are that house you called about is not going to be the one you buy so find an agent you like and work with them. If they have the perfect house as one of their listings, or their companies listing, then deal with it. You can always ask for designated agency where you have your agent and the sellers have theirs in the same company.
Thanks! It was more of a hypothetical question. I have been speaking with an agent I found online because I was interested in one of thier listings. I was wondering if I should find a differnet agent if i wanted to pursue making an offer eventually on this listing.

I am a first time home buyer here in El Paso and looking to make a purchase in the next 1-3 months. I'm from NY so Im in love with these housing prices and property tax rates! The West side is very attractive and certain neighborhoods have drawn me in.
It is just the opposite. You cannot get the best deal in a dual agency situation or without buyer representation meaning anyone other than another agent in the same brokerage company as the listing agent or the listing agent themself. Get your own representation always is my advice so that you have an agent working for you.

Sandy
What you are describing is a dual agent situation. Many people think you have to use the same agent to have a dual agency situation, but the fact is that if you use two agent in the same company (they can even be from different offices) you are in a dual agency and neither agent can do more than treat each party honestly and equally so you will have no one working on your side for you.

Now with that said, my 20+ years of experience has shown me that sellers usually have a price in mind and its hard to get them to go lower that some amount. You really never know what the "best " deal is. Get one you are happy with and feel good about it.
Absolutely not, nor would using the sellers agent for your side of the sale be the worst possible deal either. Simply put you will get the same deal. So don't lose any sleep over which way you will go in the buying process.