Question Details

onebad_camar…, Home Owner in Ponchatoula, LA

Can I sue the seller after the sale?

Asked by onebad_camaro78, Ponchatoula, LA Wed Sep 12, 2012

We just bought a house in Tangiphoa Parish. We have noticed that the sellers have done a couple of things to decieve the inspector and lie on the sellers disclosure. The first thing is they manipulated the water well to cycle at 20psi and installed a gauge that read 50 psi wheather the well was on or not. Three days later and $300.00 later we have water. The well issue happened one day after closing. The second issue is the septic system. The guy was mad at his ex wife for using his shop as a party barn so he cut the power cable to the shop with a concrete saw and took the end of the cable from the house to the point where he cut the line. In doing this it also disabled the septic system. We found this out after we noticed raw sewage all over our back lot. This flew under the radar because the home inspector is not authorized to inspect septic systems in the state of Louisiana, it has to be done by the parish. Can I sue the seller?

Answers

1
This flew under the radar because the septic system was working when the Parish inspected the system 6 mon or so prior to me purchasing the home. I went in to get my permit and they issued it on the spot. If they had gone out to the home and done the inspection it would not have passed. What recourse do I have here?