Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

amandalea_pe…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Can I stop a house from going to auction?

Asked by amandalea_petersen, San Antonio, TX Wed Oct 10, 2012

I had been watching a house to buy and noticed one day it was gone. It didn't have a sold status on any website, but I did run into a website that had it listed for auction in San Antonio on Nov 6. Literally, we just got our credit good enough to buy a home and were really wanting this one for many reasons. Is there anyway to have it pulled from an auction list so we can buy it???

Answers

10
Ellen & Doc Stephens’ answer
Hi, Amanda,

There are so many issues to address:

1. Just because a website (we all know which one you are talking about) says is it posted for auction, doesn't mean that it is. They frequently publish bogus information, bad pricing disinformation, and inaccurate data.

2. Buying a Short Sale is better than buying a home at auction. Unless you are a sophisticated and seasoned auction veteran, you could find yourself the proud owner of multiple tax liens that are NOT cleared by foreclosure. Auction sales are "as is, where is" with all faults. No repairs, no do overs. What usually happens is the bank bids the full amount owed. A "successful bidder" will start with "$1 more". Quite often, the bank bid is more than the home is worth. Then the bank has to take the steps to clear the liens, do minimal repairs (sometimes), and re-market the home as a lender-owned property.

3. As Josh Boggs said below, if you get proper help, you might be able to do something, but don't try it alone. Josh actually specializes in this type of sale, so you might start there. He has the tools to find out accurate information.

4. After working so hard to restore your credit, wouldn't it be a shame to make a huge financial mistake? When buying a home, there are so many factors that Buyers don't think about, but REALTORS do. PLEASE find yourself a pro to represent you. The Seller's Agent usually pays for your agents fee, so you can get the best agent you can find, and let them lead you through the very detailed process. Here's a link to my blog article on why you need an agent: http://www.trulia.com/blog/ellen_doc_stephens_realtors/2010/…

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Josh M. Boggs ABR, SFR and his team, answered you below... are the best team to contact for this sort of purchase...

If it does not work out on this particular home... I'll send you all the homes out there that fit what you are looking for.. and very few can match what we offer as far as savings and loan programs.

:)

Jason
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Amanda, Josh is certainly right - it can be done. Need address of home and I can make arrangement with current homeowner and bank to move forward with a short sale. I have done many of this.

Roland Gonzales, ABR, GRI, CRS, CDPE
Broker/Owner
http://www.eCasaRealty.com
RolandG@gvtc.com
210-722-2725
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
Hello Amanda,

Being one of largest and most successful short sale and pre-foreclosure teams in the city; we see this every month. In fact we've stopped about 40 homes from hitting the foreclosure block w/in a week of notice this year alone. If you're serious and want the property and we can get in touch with seller quickly; it can be done and usually w/out any cost to the home owner or you as the buyer.

Please shoot me an e-mail if you are serious about making that happen.

Josh
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
Very humbled and honored Jason, Doc and Roland. Thank you. It truly points out that you are also highly respected and very successful professionals as well. I hope Amanda reaches out to atleast one of us. ;)

Amanda Lea,

We're still here to help guide you to an answer or more information if you're truly serious about stopping the foreclosure and to purchase the property.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Josh
Auction - recommend to review direct link know little more about auctions PRIOR to loss of a fortune. I attend through the year auctions from housing, jewelry, cars, homes furnishings, unseasoned buyers are clueless. Do you realize the auction house obtains a % of buy , YOU CAN'T RETURN the home. Do you know terms and conditions for the auction. Allow me "rattle off" 10,000 questions to you and if you answer NO to at least 5 I would reconsider purchasing at an auction.

Auction Info:
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5048739

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Amanda,

If you are interested in a foreclosure, let an experience agent discuss the pros and cons. Good job on working on your credit. I have read some great advise thus far. Call anytime, thanks for reading.

Susan Casas
210-835-6696
Ms. Petersen, I will contact the former listing agent for you and will see if the bank would still consider a sales contract as oppossed to a courthouse auction. Please give me the address of the property or the former MLS number so I can further research this for you.

Monica Barrientos-REALTOR®
210-379-5098
monica@mytxproperties.com
Actually, I should say it's not worth the headaches or heartaches..
Doubtful.. Trust me when I say it's not worth the headaches.. Let me guess, it previously was listed for a really good price as a short sale, right?

Joe Stone - Realtor
Exclusive Homes Realty
682-777-0836