Home Buying in Great Neck>Question Details

Jlc, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Can I still have a buyer's agent if I saw a listing and called the agent for a showing?

Asked by Jlc, New York, NY Mon Aug 31, 2009

Is it so bad not to have a buyer's agent? I saw a house on MLSI and called the listing agent directly. I am thinking of making an offer but when talking to my friend, he said it is best to have a buyer's agent representing me especially in this market. Is it too late to get an agent?

Answers

1
You're perfectly able to hire an agent to represent you. So, no, it's not too late. A buyer's agent works for you. The listing agent works for the seller and it is their job to get the most for the property from you. A buyer's agent will be able to better advise you on the appropriate offer that has the best chance of getting accepted and negotiating on your behalf. I am a certified buyer representative and would be pleased to assist you.

Ralph Windschuh
Associate Broker
Certified Buyer Representative
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com