kc1996doming…, Home Buyer in Omaha, NE

Can I start the fha loan process to buying a home early? If so, how early?

Asked by kc1996dominguez, Omaha, NE Wed Jan 16, 2013

My 3yr waiting period after a foreclosure will be up in about a month, can I start the pre-qual, pre-approval/approval a month early? I would like to move into a home as fast as possible, im ready with the paperwork, money and credit, everything is good to go, just waiting on the fha's date. Can the paperwork be submitted early and just wait about 30 days for caivrs to be cleared? Thanks.

Answers

9
Dennis Clark’s answer
I would definitely start the process now. That way, if there are any residual issues, you can take care of them before your formal application begins. Under the new laws, the formal application process does not start until there is a property under contract.

There can be issues related to your application date and the anniversary date of your foreclosure but they are not difficult to deal with. If you would like to discuss this further, you can contact me at 402-333-5432 or dennis@mortgageloansofamerica.com. If you want to begin the application process, you can go to http://www.mortgageloansofamerica.com and complete the secure application on line.

Dennis W Clark
NMLS#13970
Freedom Lending, LLC
402-333-5432
dennis@mortgageloansofamerica.com
Absolutely! Start now so that you can move forward after the waiting date. Let's set an appointment and get started! Amy Hayes Preucil 402-431-4309 ahayes@firstmortgageco.com
Hi Amy, I wanted to know..how long does it take to get prequalified? and how long is the prequal good for?
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
Sounds like you are pretty much ready to go! I would get in front of a lender and get your pre-approval going ASAP...if your waiting period is over in a month then that should give you ample time as it usually takes that long to close even if you found a house today! Congrats on being prepared and ahead of the curve, it wil help you have a much smoother process! I would be happy to recommend a few lenders to speak to that would be happy to help you, and I would enjoy speaking with you as well! Have a fantastic weekend!

Joe Westerhaus
jwesterhaus@npdodge.com
NP Dodge
402-578-2100
You can start with your mortgage professional, you may have some complications with the date of the application being before the 3 years are up. I had a client that this came up with on a VA loan. You should also look to see if there are different dated for the last activity. My client paid the second off when the home was sold to the next buyer and the first lender we looked at wouldn't write the loan because it had not been 3 years since that date. Again these were on VA loans and were lender specific. But I would ask your lender to look at them just the same.
Look at you being fully prepared to buy a house. You are a realtors dream. You absolutely can start looking for homes as well as get a pre approval from a lender. You won't want to send the file to underwriting until your 3 years is over. Also you won't be able to close the loan in the same month that the 3 year term ended. So if your 3 years is up February 1st you will have to wait until March to close (the day you get your keys!). But get started and enjoy the process!

Crystal Smith
crystalclearomaha@gmail.com
402-681-4522
Ideally, the preapproval process should begin as soon as you are ready, willig, and able to purchase a home. I am only a Realtor, though. If you want a straight forward answer, then contact a mortgage lender. We have in-house lenders who work very hard for my clients. Start the preapproval process at https://www.cbshomemortgage.com/brad-dombrosky. Once you receive your approval then contact me at 402-210-8292 or at http://www.timmaxwellhomes.com to start the process of finding your new home! Good Luck!
Celebrity Homes has 4 preferred lenders that could help you start the loan pre-approval process.
http://celebrityhomesomaha.com/financing.html

If you would like to visit our model homes, please stop out to 6016 S 191st Terrace (corner of 192 & Y Street) I have 3 models here you can tour noon to 6 every day. I have represented Celebrity for over 15 years. http://www.TucsonDLX.com
I would love to help you find the perfet new home to fit your needs.
We build in Gretna, La Vista, Bellevue, Elkhorn & Millard.

We have several homes available that could be ready in 35-65 days! Happy to send you a list of available homes in the location you are looking for. MLang@CelebrityHomesOmaha.com
Hi, Monica: Where in LaVista do you build? I am aware of your homes in Harrison East (south of Harrison, along 96th) but I understand that subdivision is complete/full. Any other location in LaVista? Thanks.
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
It looks like you have everything in order to make the home buying process and financing as easy as possible. Once you have the pre qualification you are ready to start looking at homes. It usually takes between 30-45 days to close on a home so you can start looking now! Please contact me if i can be of any assistance when searching for your next home. I would be more then happy to help.
Jerod Evanich
402-681-6911
Jerod.Evanich@prudentialambassador.com
Absolutely! I help consumers with ratio pre-qualifications. Call/text or email me to set a free appointment. Michael McGlynn 855-257-3294 or mMcGlynn@CelebrityHomesOmaha.com