Krnbannister, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Can I qualify for a home mortgage?

Asked by Krnbannister, Philadelphia, PA Tue May 22, 2012

Hi, I recently found out that Midland Credit Management filed a judgement against me. My credit score is 630-650. Can I qualify for any loans. I do not know who they are and I have contacted Equaifax about this problem. Help!!!

Answers

13
Danielle R Gurst’s answer

With your score you should have no problem qualifying for a loan, I work closely with a loan officer from our inhouse lender who has had much success in approving my clients for homes! I would be glad to have her prequalify you and take you out house hunting! In terms of fixing anything on your credit report try Lexington Law Firm, they worked for me and increased my score enough to get a mortgage two years ago! Please give me a call so we can get this process started!

Danielle R Gurst
REMAX Affiliates NE
267 423 2623
dgurst@comcast.net
If your credit score is above 620, you should be able to qualify for a loan. Set up a meeting with a lender at your bank and then shop around a couple other lenders to compare which have better loans for you.
I've seen this Midland Credit Management showing up quite aggressively recently.

To answer your question the best person to speak with is your Local Mortgage Banker. The answer you need is entirely too specific to your personal qualifications, i.e., Income, Assets and Credit, to be answered with generalities. I could write 2000 words on Underwriting criteria to educate you on judgments and mortgage qualifications. Best to have a Local Mortgage Banker review your entire prequalification.

Trevor Curran
Please call me at 215-327-8104 so we can discuss this further so I can assist you to obtain a mortgage.
Kathy Hanigan
Broker
Hello KrBannister.

In order for someone to file a judgment against you you have to be notified of the court case. If you have moved and mail has been correctly forwarded you should have received the notice
You can check the docket number and call the court house to find out if this is you or it is wrongly reported on your credit report. You can also call Midland Credit management to see what this is.

A judgment will have to be paid at settlement if you are buying a house.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010
NMLS ID 143960
With a 630-650 score you should be just fine to get a mortgage if your affordability ratios are "ok" and you ahve the money to put down, and you get the judgement removed or prove the judgment is not yours...
I'd be happy to assist you and I have a good credit guy I can get information from for you if we need to get him involved.
How much is the collection for?
Always feel free to call or e-mail.
Chad
Chad E. Bahnsen- Mortgage Originator, NMLS# 127719
Mortgage Network, Inc.- Corporate NMLS# 2668
14 E. Stratford Ave Ste 3C
Lansdowne, PA 19050
Office: 610 622-2212
Fax: 1-866-590-3806
E-mail: cbahnsen@mortgagenetwork.com
Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Banking
Please call me so I can get you a mortgage. You can reach me at 215-327-8104. Have a great day.
Kathy Hanigan
Broker.
Hello Krn,

Call me, I'd be happy to assist you.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010
NMLS ID 143960
I would contact the collection company first and ask them to explain the judgment. A judgment is not the same as a collection, they had to do extra work to get that, they will know what it is about.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Hello
I have a mortgage lender that helps with walking you through problems in your credit
Call me at 2152641609 to discuss further
Tiffany Wainwright
Re/max Access
Contact all 3 credit agencies if the judgement is on all 3. Dispute it.
This is the only way to go. The contact info should be on each site

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/
http://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html
http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/cr…

Judgments have to be settled before you will be given a home loan.

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
http://www.eRealtyFind.com
realexs@gmail.com
Hi:

You can dispute this charge and should if you do not feel it belongs to you.

Right now in order to get lowest interest and the maximum amount of mortgage money you should be working on raising your credit score to as close to 700 as possible. That is not to say that a lender would not approve you but you are really borderline and you need to raise it before taking steps.

Remember, you actually need the advice of a lender that looks at all the parts involved: your income to debt ratio, you job history, your good debt. There are more things going on here than just your number.

1. Dispute this unknown judgement in writing.
2. Interview 3 mortgage brokers and decide with whom you wish to work and give your business
3. Take steps to improve your credit score and savings

Ana Barlow
Barlow and Birdsall Group
Keller Williams Realty Center City
anabarlow@gmail.com
267.408.8036
Hi, KmBannister,

Sometimes data entry is in error. Someone may have reversed tax id numbers, etc. and this wound up on your credit report. If it is truly NOT yours, then it will be removed and you will be HOME FREE. Make sure you document everything you do with the credit bureau to correct this situation so that you can demonstrate that to your lender. If the judgement is NOT on your report, your score may be considerably higher.

Good luck with everything, and let me know if you need any other help.

Carol Cei, Realtor, ePRO
ReMax Platinum Club
Five Star Professional
215.643.9661
carolcei@remax.net
Web Reference: http://www.carolcei.com