tlkmry, Home Buyer in 32829

Can I qualify for FHA loan or am I out of luck??

Asked by tlkmry, 32829 Sat Dec 1, 2012

I am a 53 year old divorced woman. Filed for bankruptcy which included home, discharged Feb 2011. For many reasons which included separation and then ultimately divorce I chose not to reaffirm mortgage. I moved out of the home (I owned home before marriage) and am now renting. Home should complete the foreclosure process by January 2013. Is there a lender out there willing to work with someone in my situation for FHA or am I just out of luck at this point and have to wait approximately 3 more years? Credit score averaging 650; very little debt; I also have steady reliable employment; gross income $80K .

The three year period actually will begin once title has been conveyed back to the lender.
have to wait approximately 3 more years, but by now you should be good to go.

Believe there will be at least a 3 year waiting period, sorry.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
First of all, kudos to you for not giving up or throwing in the towel. Know that you are not alone, as millions of other homeowners throughout the country have found themselves in similar situation with regards to their home and bankruptcies, short sale and foreclosure filings have been at at an all time high over the past few years....................a difficult time for many! Your question would be best answered by a lender or mortgage broker but I believe the faster route to recovery is with a USDA loan but they are area specific (rural) and there are income restrictions. But be encouraged, even if you are not there yet, with you desire and determination you will accomplish your goal. I would be happy to put you in touch with a couple of reputable lenders with whom you can speak freely and confidentially. Feel comfortable to call or email me without cost or obligation. All the best to you.

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
(407) 864-3139
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Good Evening

You may well have an option with a USDA loan product.
Of course, this is address-specific, but it may give you an opportunity that doesn't exist at this time with FHA.
Can you please contact me so that we can start a dialogue on this?

1787 W SR 434
Longwood, FL 32750
E-mail: michelle606@gmail.com
Direct: 407 619 1961
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Hi I just sent you an e-mail from my gmail account. Looking forward to speaking with you.
Flag Sat Dec 1, 2012