Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Grob729, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, NC

Can I negotiate for a wired shed/work shop be included in new construction purchase?

Asked by Grob729, Jacksonville, NC Sat Mar 31, 2012

I'm looking at established and new construction homes. In this market, it's silly to have to compromise much on our list of 'wants' since there are so many options. But we are having a hard time finding exactly what we want. Is it unheard of to ask for a builder to include a wired shed/workshop with a full price offer? I've seen people get fences built, but a shed seems a little much to request.

Answers

8
You can ask for or negotiate for anything. The builder may or may not give it to you but we can ask. If you are looking for an agent that can help you with this I am the go to person. I can be reached at 910-787-7834. Have a good day!-Sonita Dickerson , Coldwell Banker Fountain Realty
Anything is negotiable when you are purchasing a home :o) I work a lot with new construction and am a pretty tough negotiator, so if you aren't working with an agent I would love to help you get what you want!

Emily Tesh
910.581.8987
Century 21 Champion
Jacksonville, NC
That is possible. Lots of time builders will give you an allowance for a fence so why not a shed instead. I have also been able to get my clients all the appliances, including washer and dryers and some times flat screen TV's. I can email you homes in Onslow, Jones and Cape Carteret areas.
Regards, Denise Phillips, Century 21 American Prop.
The first rule in real estate is that Everything is negotiable! You won't know until you ask. That being said, new construction typically works a little differently than re-sales. If the home has been built and has been sitting for a while costing the builder money, they are more likely to throw in incentives to get it sold. However, if the home isn't complete yet or hasn't been for sale for very long, many builders will be resistant to a rather large concession such as a wired shed. Again, it all depends on the how fast the new construction is selling in the neighborhood you're looking at and how long the particular property has been on the market. I would be glad to research the areas you're interested in and discuss with you in more detail if you like.
Sure that would be a unique and strange request, but everything is negotiable and you never know what is possible until you ask! Ask for the world and you might just settle for a country!
I agree with Ellen! It is not a request I have seen, but remember that you CAN ask for it! As Ellen indicated, many buildes are offering the Use as You Choose so it is a realistic option. Good luck with your home search!
Well, a wired workshop/shed is not a typical request it is certainly something you can try to get negotiated into the deal. There are lots of incentives that builders are offering, such as a certain dollar amount of "use as you choose" to go toward just about anything. So, it might be possible you just have to find the right builder.
You really should have a buyer broker who is expereince din new construction to assist you, builders usually will not go down on price but may include extras and upgrade from cost to at no charge. You can certailnly ask for it to be included but make sur eyou are getting the most for yoru offer by researching what they include din previous sales.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com