Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Lane_louie, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Can I make an offer on the san francisco bmr condo. the unit ask for $ 330000 and it has been on the market for a while

Asked by Lane_louie, San Francisco, CA Wed Dec 2, 2009

Answers

2

You can make an offer for any amount of money on any property at any time. That being said, when you make an offer for this condo, you should make it a realistic one so the Seller will take your offer seriously. You might get a counter offer from him/her until you come to a price on which you both can agree.

If you go to my "Links" on my website or go to http://www.sfgov.org, you can learn the requirements for ownership of a BMR unit. Be sure you understand them both for purchase and for re-sale for there are restrictions on the unit both for buying and selling.

If you do not have a Realtor, interview a couple of us for you do need your own representation. Do not go with the Listing Agent for he/she has a fiduciary responsibility to the Seller and your Realtor has one just for you. If you have a Realtor, talk this over and make your offer. The time to buy is now while prices and rates are low!

Cheers,

Sally
Hi, you can only make an offer if you meet certain income guidelines and have not purchased or owned a home in the last three years. Call or email me directly and I can go over the guidelines, answer your questions and review the process with you.

Michael Young
415-286-0831 mobile
myoung@realtyworld-blue.com